My last video filmed on GH5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH5 My last video filmed on GH5S

The house of Ettore Guatelli is not just a museum in the classical sense of the word.
    It is a sensory journey inside the mind of its creator.

The attentive visitor will not fail to notice the curtain placed at the entrance, made out of bottle caps that form a star, clearly visible only when backlit.
    A kind of a Stargate to another dimension, or more simply, a “noren” (a Japanese curtain originally used at the entrance of Buddhist temples, which we can now find at the entrance of restaurants and shops when they are open to the public), which protects the sacred nature of the environment and, at the same time, invites us to enter.

The candour, curiosity and intelligence of a child are probably among the most interesting universal keys to understanding.

Ettore gives and Ettore takes in equal measure.
    His soul is reflected in the soul of the visitor and vice versa.
    There is a whole world inside.

https://vimeo.com/255921627

Wow. Gorgeous video. The best GH5s video I've seen so far...

Comment

Super Cool!

Comment

Damn that's epic. Are you able to share any of your post-processing details?

Comment

beautiful

Comment

The footage looks great. To be honest, I found the subject matter a bit boring. I have no idea where we are or what we're doing. Without that established, I'm lost and disinterested.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Filippo, you are always creating great work. I thought the set/location and lighting were fantastic. I was struck by the detail level though. We have come to a point where resolution or detail is at a tipping point imho. Imho, this footage has a little too much detail to create the suspension of time related to narrative work. So real that you focus on how real it looks. I do not want to say it looked like video it was just kind of digital? looking. Just thinking out loud with constructive criticism for advancement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman2003 View Post
                Thanks for sharing. Filippo, you are always creating great work. I thought the set/location and lighting were fantastic. I was struck by the detail level though. We have come to a point where resolution or detail is at a tipping point imho. Imho, this footage has a little too much detail to create the suspension of time related to narrative work. So real that you focus on how real it looks. I do not want to say it looked like video it was just kind of digital? looking. Just thinking out loud with constructive criticism for advancement.
                Agree about the level of detail. It actually detracts a bit from what is otherwise so incredible - the lighting! The ratios are just damn good looking!

All around amazing piece! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Stunning work. Love the sense of wonder and exploration of the subject in the video. It adds so much life and richness to how important the culture and impact of the art can have on our imaginations and understanding of the world around us.

The Gh5 s really shines here (even though a lot of people think it is garbage for not having IBIS). Thank you for reminding all of us what production value actually is. A different person could have used IBIS and just winged it but the two pieces would have a very different aesthetic. This is clearly where the GH5s shines and what it was designed for.

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys.
                    The GH5 is a very nice camera, but, IMO, the GH5S is better in every way.
                    Personally, I don't care about IBIS, so the GH5S is the perfect B and run and gun camera for me.

Ruggerpro, I can't share here all my post-processing details (too long).
                    I used GH5S 400Mbps files in DaVinci Resolve Studio.

Comment

Filippo - beautiful work!

Thomas - agree the camera is brilliant (I love mine), but don't think it's helpful or accurate to imply that advocates of IBIS think any of the following: (A) no IBIS = garbage (B) don't understand what production value actually is (C) IBIS advocates just "wing it". I'll assume you are referring to an extreme view held by a minority group of amateurs, and not anyone on the forum.

The film - I really appreciate the creative flexibility that the GH5s allows for in these shots. The better utilization of and retention of natural light, low light, and fall off light (in combination with set lighting), really allows an organic, natural look to the cinematography. Great piece to showcase it. I also am impressed with the general image rendition of the GH5s. Despite how similar it is, something about the sensor is just more pleasing to the eye than the GH5. I've noticed it right away in my tests and it's definitely in full force here.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Filippo Chiesa View Post
                        IMO, the GH5S is better in every way.
                        I'd love to hear more about this from your perspective. Where else have you noticed this in terms of color, detail and image rendition, etc.?

I agree. It's hard to put a finger on, but I absolutely love mine as well.

Comment

Very nice.

Saw that you used the Fujinon mk lenses.

Which mount did you use and how did you adapt them?
                          Matt Gottshalk
                          Director of Production
                          BPI.tv

Comment

Originally posted by filmguy123 View Post
                            Filippo - beautiful work!

Thomas - agree the camera is brilliant (I love mine), but don't think it's helpful or accurate to imply that advocates of IBIS think any of the following: (A) no IBIS = garbage (B) don't understand what production value actually is (C) IBIS advocates just "wing it". I'll assume you are referring to an extreme view held by a minority group of amateurs, and not anyone on the forum.

The film - I really appreciate the creative flexibility that the GH5s allows for in these shots. The better utilization of and retention of natural light, low light, and fall off light (in combination with set lighting), really allows an organic, natural look to the cinematography. Great piece to showcase it. I also am impressed with the general image rendition of the GH5s. Despite how similar it is, something about the sensor is just more pleasing to the eye than the GH5. I've noticed it right away in my tests and it's definitely in full force here.

Thanks for sharing!
                            My comments are about praising the artist for their talent and attention to detail in the piece and using the camera for its strengths instead of focusing on its weaknesses. There are some people out there very negative towards th GH5s but my comments are not directed at everybody. Just the extreme niche like you said.

Comment

Lovely work!...and the detail did not bother me at all, nor did it look digital IMO (though of course it is)...something I'm curious about...when the girl opens the second of the double doors, letting more light into the room, a strange light shift took place in the image, not just caused by the opened door letting in more light, but more like a flash over the interior of the room the camera was in?

Comment

Working...
                              X