GH5 to Alexa Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soarprod View Post
    In Atlanta GA on a trip not loading on At&t cell. Normally based in California. Can you email me a purchase link for 5600 & 3200 pack? soarprod at gmail.com
    You should have the link in your email. Be sure to check out the site when you get a chance - what's the phone model and browser?

Comment

Made the purchase thanks. iPhone 7 Plus Safari

Comment

Made the purchase thanks. iPhone 7 Plus Safari
        Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts. And feel free to share what you make with it

Comment

Are you going to make a LUT for the EVA1?

Comment

Originally posted by sebben View Post
            Would also like a specific EVA LUT pack. Using on both EVA and GH5 on shoots.

Comment

Originally posted by sebben View Post
              Would also like a specific EVA LUT pack. Using on both EVA and GH5 on shoots.
              A valued member of this forum is planning on color options for the EVA. Let's see what they do first.

Longer horizon - I am looking into something which may be quite relevant, and spectacular

Comment

Something Interesting

Here are the side by side Log shots (matching exposure & white balance) converted with a film conversion software that is supposed to match Kodak 5213.
                These should be identical -

GH5 V-Log to the software's Kodak 5213:

Alexa LogC to the software's Kodak 5213:

Now, GH5 V-Log converted to GHa LogC, and then to the software's Kodak 5213:

And last, an idea of what the Kodak 5213 conversion is supposed to look like, from the software's website:

Comment

I didnt flip through this whole thread, but, is it at all possible to create a GH4 version of this? Or is the GH5 sensor THAT different where it would be impossible to do?
                  Cameras
                  AJA CION
                  Panasonic AG-DVX100p

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Krumlauf View Post
                    I didnt flip through this whole thread, but, is it at all possible to create a GH4 version of this? Or is the GH5 sensor THAT different where it would be impossible to do?
                    The GH4 V-Log is different, though the conversion will result in a more pleasing image.

However, it is possible. And that is part of what I am working on now (will be awhile). Expect the extraordinary.

Also, about the EVA1: the forum member I mentioned has given me the go ahead to develop something for it, so I will add it to the list unless they should change their mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage View Post
                      The GH4 V-Log is different, though the conversion will result in a more pleasing image.

However, it is possible. And that is part of what I am working on now (will be awhile). Expect the extraordinary.
                      Please, PLEASE keep me in the loop on what you are working on.. i'll have my wallet and GH4 ready when you're ready
                      Cameras
                      AJA CION
                      Panasonic AG-DVX100p

Comment

Hi Sage,

I am just seeing this now, and likewise, did not read through the whole thread. A few questions:

Does this work with 8-bit or 10-bit vlog?

Will the GH4 and/or EVA1 settings be included in this (ie, is this a Panasonic conversion pack)? I have a GH5 and EVA1.

Will future updates be free to existing customers?

Looks pretty good...

Much thanks!

Comment

Please, PLEASE keep me in the loop on what you are working on.. i'll have my wallet and GH4 ready when you're ready
                          Will do. The project in question is inordinately difficult; it will take some time.

Originally posted by filmguy123 View Post
                          Hi Sage,

I am just seeing this now, and likewise, did not read through the whole thread. A few questions:

Does this work with 8-bit or 10-bit vlog?

Will the GH4 and/or EVA1 settings be included in this (ie, is this a Panasonic conversion pack)? I have a GH5 and EVA1.

Will future updates be free to existing customers?

Looks pretty good...

Much thanks!
                          Thank you filmguy123!
                          It does work with GH5 8 bit V-Log, via a [PRE] file included with the conversion. The conversion is native to GH5 10 bit V-Log.

It is not for the GH4/EVA1, although Panasonic VLog is defined enough that you will likely achieve pleasing, if inaccurate, results (with other VLogs).
                          I am working on something separate from this GH5 conversion that may support the GH4 and EVA1 directly. This project is overwhelmingly complicated (good progress this week)

Any future updates to this GH5 conversion will be free (there have been four). The other project that may support GH4/EVA is different; that is vastly more ambitious in scope and degree of precision.

Comment

I purchased it for my EVA1. Much nicer look then the standard Panasonic lut. Would love a more accurate version

Originally posted by Sage View Post
                            Will do. The project in question is inordinately difficult; it will take some time.

Thank you filmguy123!
                            It does work with GH5 8 bit V-Log, via a [PRE] file included with the conversion. The conversion is native to GH5 10 bit V-Log.

It is not for the GH4/EVA1, although Panasonic VLog is defined enough that you will likely achieve pleasing, if inaccurate, results (with other VLogs).
                            I am working on something separate from this GH5 conversion that may support the GH4 and EVA1 directly. This project is overwhelmingly complicated (good progress this week)

Any future updates to this GH5 conversion will be free (there have been four). The other project that may support GH4/EVA is different; that is vastly more ambitious in scope and degree of precision.

Comment

^^^ If you can make an ALEXA almost matcing LUT for 8 bit NATURAL on GH4, lots of us will buy, I suspect. We're dissappointed with VLOG in 8-bit, but that is what we are stuck with.
                              (would rather throw money at the next GH5X, then buy a dedicated 10 bit recorder to upgrade the GH4)
                              So, we use Natural.
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/gjb2074/videos

Comment

I purchased it for my EVA1. Much nicer look then the standard Panasonic lut. Would love a more accurate version
                                Phil, I sent you an email. Had an idea

Originally posted by wwjd View Post
                                ^^^ If you can make an ALEXA almost matcing LUT for 8 bit NATURAL on GH4, lots of us will buy, I suspect. We're dissappointed with VLOG in 8-bit, but that is what we are stuck with.
                                (would rather throw money at the next GH5X, then buy a dedicated 10 bit recorder to upgrade the GH4)
                                So, we use Natural.
                                That is a possibility with the next project. It will exponentially accelerate the process of creating a conversion (as it is very time/work intensive), as well as introduce an absolute precision standard.

Comment

Working...
                                X