GH5 to Alexa Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sage View Post
    Here are the side by side Log shots (matching exposure & white balance) converted with a film conversion software that is supposed to match Kodak 5213.
    These should be identical -

GH5 V-Log to the software's Kodak 5213:

Alexa LogC to the software's Kodak 5213:

Now, GH5 V-Log converted to GHa LogC, and then to the software's Kodak 5213:

Can you show the original frame from the GH5 V-log version?

Comment

Originally posted by Cary Knoop View Post
      Can you show the original frame from the GH5 V-log version?
      Sure, from bmcuser:

Alexa LogC

GH5 V-Log

GHa LogC Conversion

High Quality Files:
      https://www.mediafire.com/file/namaa...0Log%20SBS.zip

Comment

Thank you Sage.

I just purchased your GH5 to Alexa LUT.

I am extremely excited for your EVA1 to Alexa update.

Comment

Originally posted by filmguy123 View Post
          Thank you Sage.

I just purchased your GH5 to Alexa LUT.

I am extremely excited for your EVA1 to Alexa update.
          Share your work when you get a chance!

I'm looking into a very near term possibility for the EVA.

Also, how do you like Portland?

Comment

Sure, from bmcuser:
            High Quality Files:
            https://www.mediafire.com/file/namaa...0Log%20SBS.zip
            Thanks!

Comment

Share your work when you get a chance!

I'm looking into a very near term possibility for the EVA.

Also, how do you like Portland?
              Hi Sage,

Awesome! I will look forward to that EVA1 LUT And post some footage once I have a chance to really dive in.

Portland - been here forever. Great city that has recently seen a lot of changes in past 5 years that have taken away some of the magic IMO. Traffic is horrendous with all the people moving here, rent prices have increased 50%+, and a lot of the "small town with a rich urban core" feel is gone. On the road to becoming a greatly overcrowded, all too small urban core. Great food for cheap is turning into "great food" - with San Fran prices. So... I like it... but I liked it a lot more in 2010.

Comment

Ok, so I have been running some tests under fluorescent lighting that I am pretty sure is somewhere around 4800-5200(not sure because it is ceiling light at work). I have some stills here with the GHa tungsten then daylight applied and I am curious what everyone thinks looks best? Alex, Do you recommend using Tungsten for fluorescent or daylight? I also attached my film print graded version. I am really liking the way the GHa lut is grading! The highlight rolloff really is fantastic.

RAW_1.8.4.jpg
                GHaTungsten_1.8.1.jpg
                GHaDaylight_1.8.2.jpg
                GHaTungsten+Grade_1.8.3.jpg

Comment

Sage, any news on the EVA1 version of this?

Or if there will be a GH5s version?

Comment

+1 for a GH5S version of these. I got my GH5S yesterday and I can;t wait to try these on it, but not sure how they;ll behave different sensor and all...

Comment

Originally posted by k0bayashi View Post
                      +1 for a GH5S version of these. I got my GH5S yesterday and I can;t wait to try these on it, but not sure how they;ll behave different sensor and all...

On Thursday, there was a major breakthrough. The very earliest test proved promising, very much so. This portends good things for both cameras.

Incidentally, there was entirely separate substantial development on Thursday.

Comment

WHAT? I pre-ordered from BH within 30 minutes of it going live... how did you already get one?

On Thursday, there was a major breakthrough. The very earliest test proved promising, very much so. This portends good things for both cameras.

Incidentally, there was entirely separate substantial development on Thursday.
                        Awesome! And mysterious. Excited to hear more.

Comment

Awesome! And mysterious. Excited to hear more.
                          As soon as possible. GHa users will more immediately benefit, via an update. About that separate development, I'll share a picture soon which will elaborate

Comment

WHAT? I pre-ordered from BH within 30 minutes of it going live... how did you already get one?
                            I'm in the UK - ordered from my local dealer a few days after the announcement - http://www.visuals.co.uk/

I received mine last Thursday 25th. Pretty sure I am one of the first in the UK to get their GH5s

Comment

As soon as possible. GHa users will more immediately benefit, via an update. About that separate development, I'll share a picture soon which will elaborate
                              Thanks mate, does this mean that it is more advisable for GH5S users to wait for the new version or proceed with the purchase of the GH5 version? Thanks,

Comment

Thanks mate, does this mean that it is more advisable for GH5S users to wait for the new version or proceed with the purchase of the GH5 version? Thanks,
                                If you would like to experiment with GHa for the time being, make a note of what camera you want to use it for when you get it. When the camera is officially supported, I will credit that value to the new camera.

GHa is a static conversion; what I am working on now is dynamic.

Comment

Working...
                                X