No announcement yet.

Recommend Me The Ideal Power Source, Battery Pack for my DC Coupler to GH2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH2 Recommend Me The Ideal Power Source, Battery Pack for my DC Coupler to GH2

Hi Guys, so my power coupler for the GH2 came from China and I'm super excited to get the rig ready. I use a 9v to 12v 20K MaH Powerbank for my BMPCC but that's exclusively for that rig. Also my 20K MaH lasts a whole day of shooting no joke. What inexpensive 10K MaH do you recommend for the GH2? Which products, thanks. Please not I have to attach the coupler, so please guide me what adapter to connect. How many volts too?

I'm pretty sure that 8.4v is the correct voltage for your camera, as that should be the voltage of a fully charged battery. You can use your 20k 9v battery as long as you get the output voltage down to 8.4v with a step down converter.

Comment

Originally posted by Imamacuser View Post
      I'm pretty sure that 8.4v is the correct voltage for your camera, as that should be the voltage of a fully charged battery. You can use your 20k 9v battery as long as you get the output voltage down to 8.4v with a step down converter.
      Thanks Imamacuser, can you recommend me some type of products known for the GH2? For instance I've seen some packs on BHPhoto several years ago where I saw a Sony NP style camera with the coupler going into the GH2. I live in Turkey so it's kind tricky for me to think how to set this up. Thanks

Comment

Here are some samples that my GH2 is running at 7.5v from this handy little multi adapter I use for my MIDI keyboard. Of course I wouldn't use this and I need something mobile. I'm thinking of getting one of those Canon Camcorder battery packs or a Sony NP. I've read that the Sony NP, or the third party ones here in Turkey, run at 7.4v. However, I'm using the Hack with Driftwood. Is slightly more juice needed for the more processing?

IMG_0759.jpgIMG_0760.jpg

Comment

My plug in adapter is closer to 9 volts and has been said to be safe in the camera up to 9v, haven't tried a battery yet but it is on my list of things to buy.

Comment

Working...
          X