Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip: Adjust ISO in smaller increments (Care for ISO 1000?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH4 Tip: Adjust ISO in smaller increments (Care for ISO 1000?)

Sorry if this is an already known trick but I had never heard or seen it mentioned.

Did you know if you switch your camera to PHOTO mode, you can go to the camera settings and change the ISO increments to 1/3 EV instead of 1 EV? You can't change this in video mode. But if you then cycle back to video mode, the change stays!

So you can know adjust your ISO from 200 to 320 to 400 to 640 to 800 to 1000 etc...

Yeah, we've been doing that since at least the GH2... still, good reminder for folks who may not know about it.
    The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Darn, I thought I hit a goldmine! Late to THAT party

Comment

PS Barry, will you have a GH5 book? Whatever happen to those? They were always so informative.

Comment

I have been utilizing that feature since I have owned the GH4 and trust me, it has saved me many of times. Thank you nevertheless.

Comment

I was watching a hacked GH1 set up video today, and that was a suggested fix a well. Not sure if it was part of the hack, but I doubt it.

Comment

I've been doing this for a long time, but one thing I've wondered is if the inbetween ISOs are actually legit or not. Like, is 640 actually 640, or is it 800 (with all its accompanied noise) but just darkened a bit?

Comment

Working...
              X