GH4 Panasonic GH4 V-Log $99.99 Details & Pre-Orders at Texas Media Systems

Panasonic LUMIX GH4 V-Log L FunctionFirmware Upgrade Kit DMW-SFU1

$99.99 DMW-SFU1 Pre-Order at Texas Media Systems
    ETA September 15, 2015

G-CUP Eyecup Adapter for Panasonic GH4 $35.00
    GH4 Body $1497.99 - $100 Instant Rebate $1397.99
    GH4 YAGH Kit + FREE 128GB SDUC Card $2297.99

V-Log Features:
    • LUMIX GH4 function enhancement for film production/professional videographers
    • Increases dynamic range from 10 stops to 12 stops
    • Makes color grading easier with improved compatibility between LUMIX GH4 and Panasonic Varicam
    • V-Log / V-Log L were developed to feature similar characteristic to Cineon

V-Log Update Process:

1. Purchase the key code kit DMW-SFU1 from this page. This is not for immediate download, as its kit that will be shipped to you.
    2. Update a fully charged LUMIX GH4 with firmware Version 2.3 from the Global Joint Update Service http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...fts/index.html
    3. Export the camera’s serial number to an SD Memory Card by inserting the SD card into the camera and press [Menu] -> [Setup] -> [Activate] -> [Export Serial Code] to save serial code as "SERIAL.LST" file.
    4. Upload the SERIAL.LST file by inserting the SD card into your computer. From the Update Portal Web Page use BROWSE to find and select "SERIAL.LST" file on the SD card. "SERIAL.LST" is saved in folder of PRIVATE > PANA_GRP > PAVC > LUMIX > ACTV > "SERIAL.LST then press [Upload] to proceed.
    5. Input "Key Code" from the kit you purchased in "Upgrade Software Key" to this website to get activation code. [ Alphabet on key code must be big letter to input. Please be careful with misspelling such as 1 (one ) and I ( big letter of "i") or 0 (zero) and O ( big letter of "o") Please input key without hyphen (-). ] Click Register
    6. ACTIVE.LST should auto download from the site. Save this file to the SD card in the folder PRIVATE > PANA_GRP > PAVC > LUMIX > ACTV .
    7. Insert the SD card into the same fully charged LUMIX GH4 and press [Menu] -> [Setup] -> [Activate] -> [Import Activation Code]
    8. When prompted power cycle the camera. You will find your new V-LOG L feature under the Menu “Photo Style”.
    Panasonic GH4 Upgrade Process v2 Texas Media Systems.jpg

Panasonic GH4 VLogLScreenCap Texas Media Systems.jpg

Panasonic GH4 VLOG L MAIN IMAGE Texas Media Systems.jpg
    Last edited by Terry Nixon; 09-01-2015, 06:33 AM.
    Terry Nixon
    terry@tmsav.com
    Texas Media Systems
    Phone 1-512-440-1400 Ext 203
    Twitter Facebook Instagram Linkedin

sigpic

Panasonic LUMIX GH4 VLog L & Firmware 2.3 Update Process

Panasonic USA has a silent video & instructions on Youtube that shows the updating process:

Terry Nixon
    terry@tmsav.com
    Texas Media Systems

sigpic

Comment

if I bought a new GH4 after Sept 15th will it come with Vlog...
      www.imdb.com/name/nm0566053

Comment

No thanks. A complete rip off from Panasonic. Crippling a camera deliberately then robbing the punter to pay up for 8 -bit 'log'......wait for the GH5 in early 2016 folks and save the dosh.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Nixon View Post
          Panasonic USA has a silent video & instructions on Youtube that shows the updating process:
          ...What's interesting is that this video shows a new menu display on the GH4 called "Activation List", which looks like there will be MORE new paid upgrades for the GH4 in the future.

I would be very cool if there were useful new features I could purchase for my GH4.

Comment

Originally posted by lovecameras View Post
            No thanks. A complete rip off from Panasonic. Crippling a camera deliberately then robbing the punter to pay up for 8 -bit 'log'......wait for the GH5 in early 2016 folks and save the dosh.
            Fair enough. You clearly don't have/see the need for VLOG, as most users won't. The ones that find it important will happily pay the $99.

Personally, I'm also holding off until GH5 to see what is in store there, but if I had a GH4, I would have jumped on this. I also want to get an external monitor, and something like the VideoAssist from Blackmagic is reasonably priced and can record to 1080p Prores 10-bit, which is probably good for most purposes.

Comment

Panasonic USA doesn't plan on offering the GH4R with the bundled V-Log in the USA at this time.

Originally posted by GaryinCalifornia View Post
              if I bought a new GH4 after Sept 15th will it come with Vlog...
              Terry Nixon
              terry@tmsav.com
              Texas Media Systems

sigpic

Comment

v-log purchased.
                www.willdarosa.com

Comment

i find it funny that some people are pissed about having to pay $99, compared to the ridiculous prices of camera gear in general.

ex: $1000+ for a 5 inch monitor that costs more than a 60" HDTV.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Nixon View Post
                    Panasonic USA doesn't plan on offering the GH4R with the bundled V-Log in the USA at this time.
                    But it is sold in Europe (£1,199 in the UK). Odd.

Comment

Originally posted by RedChalice View Post
                      i find it funny that some people are pissed about having to pay $99, compared to the ridiculous prices of camera gear in general.

ex: $1000+ for a 5 inch monitor that costs more than a 60" HDTV.
                      I welcome this wholeheartedly (and just spent $1395 plus media for a PIX-E5).
                      Canon 70-200 & 24-70, Rokinon 35, 50, 85, 135, GH4, Lumix 20, 12-35, 35-100, 100-300.

Comment

Panasonic GH4 V-Log L Function Firmware Upgrade DMW-SFU1 In Stock Texas Media Systems

PANASONIC LUMIX GH4 V-LOG L FUNCTION FIRMWARE UPGRADE KIT DMW-SFU1 $99

Panasonic GH4 V-Log DMW-SFU1GU Shipping Texas Media Systems.jpg
                        Terry Nixon
                        terry@tmsav.com
                        Texas Media Systems

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X