No announcement yet.

The G-Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, they are - just got mine in the UK. Not enjoying it wearing glasses - you have to push in too far imho. None glasses wearers will love it.
    GH4, Contax Zeiss primes, Ninja Blade, Avid Symphony

Comment

Got my G-cup. Fits nicely on the GH4 house. Hard to get the whole picture with glasses. But there is no perfect eye-cup solution for this camera given the small dimension of the camera's eyepiece. Without glasses it is absolutely useful... if you do not need glasses :-) The rubber material of the G-cup though is a bit too stiff compared with most other camcorders' rubber eye-cups. Perhaps I should try to fit some chamois eye cushion, but it will probably reduce the visible area of the viewfinder picture. More feedback later.
      danap
      ...just another filmmaker
      "Would you please shut up 1/48th of a second?"

Comment

I'm guessing not eye glass friendly?

Comment

Where can you get this in the Uk please?

Comment

Bummer, you can't open the LCD with it on??

Comment

Originally posted by lovecameras View Post
              I thought you could just fold it up to open the LCD.

Comment

You definitely can, just move the soft rubber slightly. Its really a non-issue.

Originally posted by lovecameras View Post

Comment

ok good to know

Comment

I bought this and unfortunately it was much too long for me. It held my eye too far away from the viewfinder, so the whole rectangular display could not be seen. The view was not cut off by the G-Cup itself but by the curved mask behind the glass of the viewfinder, which significantly cut the corners off. Basically unusable for me. So I trimmed a lot off mine with a pair of nail scissors and now it is better, but is rather uncomfortable if used for any length of time, and not too pretty either. By the way it's trimmed for my left eye.

Attached Files

Comment

yeah why i sent mine back for refund, getting the Cambo Gh4 eyecup looks 10x better. and will work 10x better.

Comment

Finally shot with mine for the first time today. Didn't really do enough handheld shots to make a solid evaluation but so far my feelings are mixed. It definitely does vignette/block the corners, but not to an entirely unusable degree. If I mash the camera into my face a bit I can see all the corners, if my eye is aligned correctly. The fit to the camera is a bit looser than I'd like, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Hope View Post
                          I bought this and unfortunately it was much too long for me. It held my eye too far away from the viewfinder, so the whole rectangular display could not be seen. The view was not cut off by the G-Cup itself but by the curved mask behind the glass of the viewfinder, which significantly cut the corners off. Basically unusable for me. So I trimmed a lot off mine with a pair of nail scissors and now it is better, but is rather uncomfortable if used for any length of time, and not too pretty either. By the way it's trimmed for my left eye.

I just slapped it on my GH-4 with Speedbooster and Nikon 28mm and can't see the corners either . . .

It's a hassle opening and closing the LCD too but I don't want to be a whinney baby, I'll get used to it.
                          It does appear to be made with durable material and while it ain't perfection the price is right when you consider the alternatives.

Hey Nick, what do you charge for that custom work--maybe I should send mine to you for adjustment?

:-)
                          Canon 70-200 & 24-70, Rokinon 35, 50, 85, 135, GH4, Lumix 20, 12-35, 35-100, 100-300.

Comment

Originally posted by dregenthal View Post

Hey Nick, what do you charge for that custom work--maybe I should send mine to you for adjustment?

:-)
                            You'll have to send a cast of your face too, as it's very much a bespoke job ;)

Despite looking like a dog's dinner, it does actually now seal quite well around my eye, and my eyeball is now much closer to the viewfinder, so the vignetting is mostly (but still not completely) eliminated. However if I put the camera on a tripod, it's still impossible to get in and see the viewfinder clearly through it without wobbling the camera, and I have to move my head from side to side to see the whole picture. As a result I've stopped using it. I might keep it in my kit for handheld shooting in very bright conditions. That bigger Cambo eyecup looks much better.

Comment

Working...
                            X