GH2 Workflow Video from Call Box released

Hi Noah
I have purchased your GH2 video and enjoy it a lot. Well done. Question, what Nikon lens would you recommend for the GH2. I would like to use an adaptor as you suggest, but I am a little confused regarding which lens to purchase. I would like to be in the 25 - 50 mm range. Thank you

I use a 50mm 1.4 Nikon that's pretty sweet. I also happen to have a Zeiss ZF2 Nikon mount at 25mm that's quite nice. You really can't go wrong in that range. I personally prefer primes to zooms as they are much faster and sharper for the money.

Noah

Is this video worth it? Is it for total newbs? Or does it really go in depth with everything?

I'll leave that call up to folks who have seen it. I'd say objectively as I can it skews more toward beginning/intermediate than to the advanced user. I.e. if you've already been shooting multiple projects with your GH2 and have your post workflow down cold you won't need this course. But I tried to pack in something useful for everyone. Plus it comes with a color correction course as well. So it's a pretty good deal. And it's money back if you don't dig it. So I'd say win-win.

Noah

I bought the video and I have to say that I was very disappointed. Pretty much everything was just a quick run through of each of the camera's features, but not going into any adavanced features or secrets to getting a great image.

The video wasn't very "produced" either, it's just a guy at a desk talking, so it doesn't seem like much effort wen't into this. Looks like they just pulled a all nighter and did it in a day.

The video would be good for people who don't know anything about the camera at all, pretty much all the info can be found on this forum over and over again. The segment about audio wasn't really covered beacause they wan't you to buy a seperate video for that.

Over all this is for people that don't know ANYTHING about the camera. I think anyone on this forum could make this video. Not sure why this thread is a sticky. If he jacks the video up to $79 I would advise against buying this, really it's worth about $10-$20 at the most.

If you really need some tutorial's check out the stuff eyepatchfilms did on the Gh1 Hacked, they give you all the info (which applies to the Gh2 aswell) it's free on youtube. Doesn't leave you any questions like this, except what the heck is on his face (birth mark? burn?) :-/

I'd ask for my money back but I don't know how complicated it would be to do that.

Last edited:
I'd ask for my money back but I don't know how complicated it would be to do that.

All you have to do is contact me directly with your invoice for a refund- no questions asked as it says so right on the catalog page and our FAQ.

Like I said above, it's not a video for the advanced user. The samples on the website are precisely indicative of the level of content that's on the full course. So if you don't dig what's in those you definitely won't dig the full video.

And if you don't like me sitting at a desk- well again I'm sorry but that's pretty much how I've always done it. Can't think of a simpler, more effective way to present information. So I've got plenty of other videos in my library you probably won't like either. :)

That said, I've got hundreds of satisfied customers for the GH2 video for whom it seems to be pitched at the right level. If you don't find it to your liking just drop me a line and a refund is yours for the asking. I work hard on my training courses and have done so for years. I try to learn from each production and work hard to improve as I go onto the next. So the last thing I want is customers to go away with a bad taste in their mouth.

-Noah

Back