Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HDMI Capture Problem SOLVED - AviSynth RULES!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel G View Post

Can anyone confirm the HDMI signal that the PAL 1.1 firmware outputs on the new HBR 25p mode? Is it 25p encapsulated into a clean 50i signal or does it have extraneous fields? Are the chroma channels clean or still unfixed?

Thanks.
    That's a good question. When I loaded the Firmware 1.1, I must have had a brain fart and did not test the new HBR modes through the HDMI. Forgive me, but I don't want to reload it because when I went back to Firmware 1.0, all my custom settings got wiped out. Perhaps someone else can answer the question for you.

Comment

Thanks Ralph.

I think this is big for many people and I find it strange that no one has tested this yet.

Someone with an Atomos and a PAL GH2, please test this!

Comment

Ralph,

Would it be possible for us to download a PRORES footage that was taken with GH2 + Ninja, but not processed through AviSynth? I would like to set up my laptop and practice with a footage before investing money to buy Ninja.

Also a question for you, Ralph. Why do you still use firmware 1.0? Is that to use a GH2 hack patch? If so, I am not sure why that is when you are shooting with Ninja?
        Last edited by bumkicho; 01-16-2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Sorry bumkicho, but I don't have a Ninja. I use a Blackmagic Intensity board inside my Windows machine. Hopefuly somebody out there with a Ninja can upload an unprocessed file for you. I agree it's a good idea to practice before investing money in gear.

Comment

Sorry, tried to search the thread, but search seem to freeze. With using the AviSynth, to process a 30 minute recording, how long does that take?

Thanks
            Doug

Comment

ADDITIONS TO THE FIRST POST

Today I added a section about whether the HDMI output is 4.2.2, and also added some Words of Encouragement.

Comment

Ralph, why is no one using AviSynth as you are? Is it just a technical fear?? Is it still worth it in your mind given the quality of the AVCHD patches available now?

Comment

Actually there are people using it, but yes, there is a lot of technical fear. As to whether it's still worth it, that's a question that can only be answered by how much of an insane perfectionist you are. The gap between the HDMI picture and the hacked H264 is very small now, whereas once it was huge, as you know. Just the other day I was watching one of my comparison tests projected onto a 10 foot screen. Fine detail was basically equal, which is a major achievement for the hack. But yet, there were still differences. At high ISO's the noise in the HDMI picture was less intrusive than the H264. The HDMI picture 'pops' more because of it's slightly different gamma curve. And the HDMI picture has a certain feeling of solidness that the H264 doesn't quite have.

But is that worth it to go the HDMI route? Damned if I know. I'm just being your reporter. For me personally, I'm more than happy with the hack. Nowadays I use the HDMI as a yardstick to see how far along we're coming. But I still maintain this thread for those few 'insane perfectionists' who may happen to come this way.

Comment

Hi! My name is Santi. Iīm from Spain and iīm new here. I have a GH2 and Ninja and i canīt use the avisynth with my videos. They always give me errors. Can somebody explain step by step the process to transform a Prores ninja video with Virtual Dub? Iīm sorry buy i canīt understand why i canīt use the virtual dub and the avisynth. I made the steps of the first post but i canīt do nothing with my videos. The only thing that i can do is transform with the mpegstream clip. Thank you very much for all. Sorry for my english.

Comment

Originally posted by JSRAIMUNDI View Post
                      Hi! My name is Santi. Iīm from Spain and iīm new here. I have a GH2 and Ninja and i canīt use the avisynth with my videos. They always give me errors. Can somebody explain step by step the process to transform a Prores ninja video with Virtual Dub? Iīm sorry buy i canīt understand why i canīt use the virtual dub and the avisynth. I made the steps of the first post but i canīt do nothing with my videos. The only thing that i can do is transform with the mpegstream clip. Thank you very much for all. Sorry for my english.
                      I'll try to help you. Exactly what type of error are you getting?

Comment

Hi! Thanks Ralph. My problem is that when i open the script of avisynth in virtual dub, always give an error. For example: Sintax error, or error in line 9. Iīm tried to modify the code but stills the error. Iīm in windows 7 64 bits, and i tried with avisynth 2.5 and 2.6. I donīt Know what can i do. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi! Thanks Ralph. My problem is that when i open the script of avisynth in virtual dub, always give an error. For example: Sintax error, or error in line 9. Iīm tried to modify the code but stills the error. Iīm in windows 7 64 bits, and i tried with avisynth 2.5 and 2.6. I donīt Know what can i do. Thanks again.
                          Please post the script and the EXACT error you're getting for that script.

Comment

HDR mode with FIRMWARE 1.1 and HDMI

I just tested the new HDR modes with HDMI output. Here's the scoop: 30P is a disaster, hopelessly mangled up. Extra fields are added in, just like for 24P. However, there's good news for PAL users - 25P comes through cleanly - no extra fields. There is still the issue of the jaggy chroma in the red channel, even in 25P. So if you want a perfect picture, you would still need to run it through Avisynth. The script would consist of only the chroma fix. I suspect most people won't bother. It's only really noticable in areas of heavily saturated red. The one exception is if you're doing greenscreen keying with the HDMI picture. Then you must use the chroma fix because the red jaggies affect the edges of flesh. Without the chroma fix, it's going to be very hard to pull a good key.

NOTE: I added this information into the first post.
                            Last edited by Ralph B; 02-19-2012, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Hi Ralph!

The script says that qtinput.dll doesnīt load or uncompatibility. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Ralph!

The script says that qtinput.dll doesnīt load or uncompatibility. Thanks!
                                By any chance are you using 64 bit versions of either Avisynth or VirtualDub? You must use 32 bit versions of both.

Comment

Working...
                                X