No announcement yet.

A7IV launch on Oct 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, the ILC sales dropped below 2020 in late summer. Which is what happens when all new releases are repackaged old releases.

Comment

Originally posted by DLD View Post
      Apparently, the ILC sales dropped below 2020 in late summer. Which is what happens when all new releases are repackaged old releases.
      hard to know how much the supply shortage is depressing the numbers, but there's no way it isn't
      www.VideoAbe.com

"If you’re really in favor of free speech, then you’re in favor of freedom of speech for precisely the views you despise. Otherwise, you’re not in favor of free speech." - Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
        ... hard to know how much the supply shortage is depressing the numbers, but there's no way it isn't
        If it were solely the supply problem, there'd be no inventory of anything anywhere ... sort of like in the late 1980's Soviet liquor stores ...

Comment

If it were solely the supply problem, there'd be no inventory of anything anywhere ... sort of like in the late 1980's Soviet liquor stores ...
          some things could have an easier time moving through the system or be in lesser demand. part of the issue with the supply chain problems is that manufacturers can't even get parts for assembling their product. in the article I posted about this issue, they mention that this may be why the ZV-E10 (or whatever it's called) is easy to get -- because it uses recycled parts from older cameras and Sony already had a stockpile of those parts. plus who knows what the demand is like. I certainly don't want one
          www.VideoAbe.com

"If you’re really in favor of free speech, then you’re in favor of freedom of speech for precisely the views you despise. Otherwise, you’re not in favor of free speech." - Noam Chomsky

Comment

btw in one article I read about supply issues, they mentioned having to go from one store to the next to the next because the first store didn't have paper towels, the second store didn't have their prescription meds available, etc. some things they couldn't find at all. I haven't experienced this where I live. but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens soon
            www.VideoAbe.com

Comment

I believe these stories to be truthful.

However :

my neighborhood Publix (a grocery store chain) has had inventory problems for a year and a half. Meanwhile, my neighborhood Winn Dixie (a competing grocery store chain) has not. In other words, while the supply chain can indeed hiccup, an experienced store manager can mitigate these problems to an extent.

PS. Side note - I worked retail in LA during the late 1980s and the 1990's and I recall certain items missing from the store stockroom due to the employee theft ... with the culprits being managers and the assistant managers.

PPS. Europe is having an energy crisis but not because there's a shortage of the natural gas. It's because Angela Merkel helped Gazprom to a virtual Central European monopoly in exchange for certain political favors but, with her on the way out, Gazprom decided to throttle its pipelines. The problem there is politics.

Comment

• Eye AF, Animal Eye AF, AF, Eye AF movies
                • field camera, pro camera
                • silent shutter
                • FTP
                • 4K60p
                • Eye AF birds
                • 10fps
                • 33MP
                • BIONZ XR
                • 10-bit 4:2:2 HLG
                • All-I XAVC S-I
                • S-Cinetone
                • S-log3
                • S&Q dial
                • vari-angle LCD
                • gimbal
                • 5GHz Wi-Fi
                • USB 10Gbps live streaming
                • Creative Look
                15+ stops dynamic range

https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/

Comment

The funny thing is that those specs were lifted from the keywords sony put on their YouTube video.

Definitely some good stuff there, although I think uncropped 4k60p is more Valuable to this segment than all-intra
                  www.VideoAbe.com

Comment

Looks like a good release up to this point. YouTube will be busy towards the end of the week! When normal folks can buy one is the big guess.

Comment

The YouShtuppers have uploaded all their reviews/previews onto their channels and are patiently waiting until they are allowed to change the setting from "private". At least, the setting itself is not under Sony's control. Just the date. Which Sony undermined, albeit accidentally. On purpose.

Comment

The YouShtuppers .
                        Ok that's a good one, I had to laugh
                        www.VideoAbe.com

Comment

You made DLD's day...he loves it when you laugh at his jokes.

Comment

SAR thinks A7IV will be priced at 2,800€ across the pond.

And that's no joke.

Comment

And $2,600 in the US (they're almost certain).

BTW, Tony Noshtupp did almost what I thought someone would do - make the private video public, so a few frames of it leaked. In any case, it's supposed to stream tomorrow at 10 AM EDT.

Comment

https://www.redsharknews.com/sonys-n...a7iv-announced

Comment

Working...
                                X