Fuji X-T2 vs X-T20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuji X-T2 vs X-T20

I had the pleasure to play with an X-T20 today.
    4K video is not as sharp or nice as the X-T2 but it doesn't crop the APSC sensor, to me that's worth it.

The handling on the X-t20 isn't great. X-T2 is so much better for stills and all the dials and buttons feel waaay better.
    But the X-T20 being half the price is so tempting...

Macgregor

macgregor.works
    zac&mac

Think there might be some line skipping with the non-crop...but who's really going to notice?

Time for a real cinema camera from Fuji.

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post

Time for a real cinema camera from Fuji.
      The Xt-2 is that camera. It looks great.
      Matt Gottshalk
      Director of Production
      BPI.tv

Comment

I had the T2 for a few days last year.

I liked it, but was getting the famous Fuji error - "TURN OFF THE CAMERA AND TURN ON AGAIN" - a bit too much, so I returned it and didn't feel like getting another one.

Comment

The rolling shutter tests suggest that it has a bit too slow scan rate to be a real cinema camera, I think they still have a bit more work they could do. Maybe a second processor added in would be the cure.

Comment

There's a tiny bit of aliasing, but honestly really hard to spot and I'm OK trading no crop for a 5% aliasing in 4K.
            Macgregor

macgregor.works
            zac&mac

Comment

Whats the touchscreen and autofocus like compared to the X-T2?

Lack of crop looks appealing... but I can't tell the difference between the uncropped 1080p60 and the 2160p at the end with the X-T2?

Comment

What are the chances that the uncropped mode will get added to the T2 in the next firmware? If they think it is good, then I bet it gets added.

Comment

I don't know, but if this one has 4K/60p it will be a knock out...

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/fuji...-end-x-camera/

Comment

It would also need to have great DR, in-camera.

I like how Fuji is moving lately, but I think it still has some ground to cover in order to catch Sony.

Comment

Colour wise Sony is on catch up.
                      Sony make great sensors but their attempts to cram them into the smallest mirror less bodies leads to so many compromises with overheating (reliability) bad ergonomics,pathetic battery life, dimming screens, awful rolling shutter, complicated menus, the list goes on....Fuji gets some of that right they'll be a more attractive proposition than chasing that little bit extra Dr from Sony

Comment

Out of all the items on your list, the only one I really care about is color, and, while I do see better colors elsewhere (5D3+RAW being my favorite) I'm not completely unhappy with Sony colors either. YMMV.
                        (second on my list would be dimming screens, I really don't care much about all the others, I guess that's why I'm shooting sony these days)

Comment

Working...
                        X