X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuji XT20

$900, shipping next month, has 4K.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/19/...e-on-the-x-t2/

That's a tempting camera. I like the overall style of the Fuji cameras and the film simulation aspect seems cool.
    How are people doing with the other Fuji 4K camera?

Comment

Fuji makes great cameras and lenses but their heart is just not into video. They tread water with video out of necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by catchyname View Post
        Fuji makes great cameras and lenses but their heart is just not into video. They tread water with video out of necessity.
        That was true prior to last year but with the XT2 and now the XT20 they have stepped up their game. I will be acquiring an XT2 soon for stills and am excited to see how it fares for video.

Comment

No one has answered my question regarding X-T2 and moire on the fujix forums, I doubt that anyone has even thought to test it. Until that time, I remain cold to video on the Fuji cameras, my X-T1 just sucks at anything over 30fps, and is marginal at 30fps and 24fps. Marginal being something that I will not use. As far as stills go, the tiny 16mp images from my X-T1 are good enough that I don't need to upgrade. If the video on the X-T2 was really outstanding, then it might push me to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by roxics View Post
            That's a tempting camera. I like the overall style of the Fuji cameras and the film simulation aspect seems cool.
            How are people doing with the other Fuji 4K camera?
            I have the XT-2 and love the look I get out of it.
            Matt Gottshalk
            Director of Production
            BPI.tv

Comment

Have you shot any charts at 1080 and 720 and various frame rates to check for morie?

Comment

Originally posted by mcgeedigital View Post
                I have the XT-2 and love the look I get out of it.
                To what other camera(s ) would you compare its' colors, out of the camera?

Comment

Great price, though some competitors in this range offer IBIS, which should be a big consideration depending on your needs and lenses
                  C100 / Aerial Shooter/Editor - NY/NJ

My work, My equipment, My other whatnots...
                  www.DarrenLevine.com

Comment

Does it have a log profile? Only externally, or internally too?

Comment

It has Fuji Log (F-log) that is currently only available externally (10 bit 4:2:2 if my memory is correct), but I think they are saying that internal 8 bit F-log will be coming in a future firmware. The card slot and cards are fast enough that they should be able to give us 10 bit internal, but not sure the processing can handle it. Lots of nice features, but the moire problem from the X-T1 is still haunting me. Got suckered into that once by people saying how great the video was with the 2.x firmware (X-T1) so I bought it before I was really needing to upgrade... Now I'm not upgrading until someone can show frames of each resolution and frame rate to see the moire (or hopefully lack thereof) for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua_G View Post
                        To what other camera(s ) would you compare its' colors, out of the camera?
                        Hard to say as the Fuji color is quite unique.
                        Matt Gottshalk
                        Director of Production
                        BPI.tv

Comment

The stills are definitely different in a good way, most people love their color science though I find that autowhite is often a bit cool. Classic Chrome seems to really be a hit for video, I've seen a bunch of web samples and this simulation is very nice indeed.

Yes I do hold these cameras in high regard, despite the complaining that you've read.

Comment

Thanks, do you have any idea how easy it is to match the Fuji footage to that of Canon DSLRs?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_E View Post
                              No one has answered my question regarding X-T2 and moire on the fujix forums, I doubt that anyone has even thought to test it. Until that time, I remain cold to video on the Fuji cameras, my X-T1 just sucks at anything over 30fps, and is marginal at 30fps and 24fps. Marginal being something that I will not use. As far as stills go, the tiny 16mp images from my X-T1 are good enough that I don't need to upgrade. If the video on the X-T2 was really outstanding, then it might push me to buy.
                              X-T2 is a quantum leap in it's video quality over the X-T1. Fuji was known for crappy video, but they've stepped up their game with the X-T2. You should be able to get you're moire concerns addressed with numerous videos on Youtube.

Comment

Working...
                              X