Means power - Canon R5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Means power - Canon R5

Just wondering if anyone on here uses mains power for their Canon R5? I've started using the Camera a lot more for longer content by outputting to my Ninja Flame recorder but would love to not have to charge the battery every hour and a half. From what I can see you can use the Canon DR-E6 DC Coupler with the Canon AC-E6N AC Adapter. I heard some people just plugged USB cable in to charge as its being used. Anyone recommend a solid solution for this? Thanks

I don't know about your camera, but I'd wager that 5v USB charging won't keep up with the current draw. For locations where power isn't available, you could pair a dummy battery with a SmallRig Battery Plate and NP-F970 battery.

I wired a couple NP-F battery plates in parallel to a DC jack, and glued the plates back-to-back; this custom battery plate allows me to lower the center to gravity by placing the heavy batteries on the floor and running a DC extension cable to a camera on a tripod or small LED light on a stand. There's a picture of it in this thread.

Comment

It accepts any USB-C adapter as long as it is 45 watts. Plenty of power banks do this. Make sure your cable is PD (power delivery) rated.
      "There is nothing permanent except change."
      Heraclitus

www.liamhall.net
      TWITTER: @WordsbyLiam
      INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

Comment

The BH Video overview of the R5C covered all the Canon approved power options for the R5C camera so I guess they could be used as a guide to powering the R5. It includes the external power bank options and specs. The powering discussion starts at around 12:45 in this video.

Chris Young

Comment

Originally posted by Imamacuser View Post
          I don't know about your camera, but I'd wager that 5v USB charging won't keep up with the current draw. For locations where power isn't available, you could pair a dummy battery with a SmallRig Battery Plate and NP-F970 battery.

I wired a couple NP-F battery plates in parallel to a DC jack, and glued the plates back-to-back; this custom battery plate allows me to lower the center to gravity by placing the heavy batteries on the floor and running a DC extension cable to a camera on a tripod or small LED light on a stand. There's a picture of it in this thread.
          If so, the camera will discharge, but just very slowly.

Comment

fs100 fs7 gh4 5d2 r6 c200 .. ran them all on the same vlocks
            http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

Working...
            X