Canon R3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon R3

I'm really proud that there is no Canon R3 topic on this forum.

It could mean that you guys are too busy shooting and dealing with imminent production issues and problems.

​​​​​​Or this forum is ...

They’re all too busy talking about real cinema cameras like the iPhone 13
    "There is nothing permanent except change."
    Heraclitus

www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @WordsbyLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

Comment

Briefly mentioned in other threads. The camera video quality is presently unknown, since the YouGoobers didn't have a production model.

In any case, R5 with or without the external recorder (Atomos Ninja 5) is a better tool for video. And it costs less too.

Comment

Originally posted by DLD View Post
        In any case, R5 with or without the external recorder (Atomos Ninja 5) is a better tool for video. And it costs less too.
        AF capabilities at -7 EV makes it unique.

Comment

The micro HDMI makes it lame for video at $6,000!

Comment

I was also surprised there was no R3 thread formed. It looks like a beast. Not for me, especially since I'm Sony now. But if you want raw internal with top notch autofocus and decent ibis in a camera in this form factor... then this is all there is.

Expensive for a mirrorless camera. And having internal ND, especially eND, would be such a boon for the gimbal b-roll shooter that such a camera could be
            www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

They are still "Canon-ing" it by not including C-Log2. Put it in the ALL-I for $6K!

Comment

nd? no
                1000fps? no

well its not better than my r6 then is it

http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
                  well its not better than my r6 then is it
                  faster rolling shutter at least. but i agree that there are things one needs and things one doesn't. adding things one doesn't personally need doesn't improve the camera appeal for that user. I, for one, don't require raw, internal or otherwise. but me likey fast readout
                  www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

of course im joking - im sure its better than my r6 - but nothing a client will notice or will change the game (1000fps burst) that makes it a 'must have'

if id dropped my toys into the soup and had an insurance cheque I d be looking at it.
                    http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

The eye based AF seems to be a bit iffy, depending on the eye of the user. Pretty gnarly for sports/action shooters though. Video isn't bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
                        of course im joking - im sure its better than my r6 - but nothing a client will notice or will change the game (1000fps burst) that makes it a 'must have'
                        According to my analysis, the R3 is only 10% better than the R6
                        www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Working...
                        X