Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon R6—Anyone buying one for B-Cam/Gimbal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon R6—Anyone buying one for B-Cam/Gimbal?

Hey y'all, would love to have your take on this. Seems like the perfect B/Gimbal cam to my C200. I currently have the S1 and it can be kind of annoying matching them in post.

Everything looks good except for this review from Cinema5D: https://www.cinema5d.com/canon-eos-r...ul-video-tool/

Maybe it's a pro-production model issue, seems improbable Canon would release a camera with such bad functionality/reliability issues.

Anyone have a preorder in?

I might suggest to look for a used 1DX2 instead. Unless you only own RF lens

Also the BMPC6K is excellent when use with EF lens

Comment

I am also considering the R6 as an S1 replacement.

But it really seems like you need to use an external recorder in order to shoot without overheating.

Also, I think it will have less dynamic range than the S1 unless they give it canon log 2 and 3.

But if it could shoot without an external recorder and have no problems, I would almost certainly buy it. Maybe they can fix the issue.
      www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

I am waiting. Too many unknowns for hard core video production. If your gimbal usage is relatively short it is a great choice. I want to buy but feel it is best to wait. Canon could play ball or let it be as it is . It it tough to know how they are going to handle this situation. Also, I also am not expecting C-LOG 2/3 in these cameras. That does not seem very Canon-esque. But who knows?

Comment

There's a rumor that seems solid that c-log 2/3 are in the works for the R5. But even if that's true, it's no guarantee that the R6 would get them too
          www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Originally posted by cookinghusband View Post
            I might suggest to look for a used 1DX2 instead. Unless you only own RF lens

Also the BMPC6K is excellent when use with EF lens
            Not a bad idea at all. One downside is that it's almost as heavy as a C200!

Comment

Considering the R6. The reviews mention that it has C-Log...
              Last edited by scorsesefan; 08-12-2020, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scorsesefan View Post
                Considering the R6. The reviews mention that it has C-Log...
                The only issue with the R6 right now is that it has no pixel-binned internal recording modes that are unlimited. So you really have to use an external recorder

EeWF42wXoAABnOy.jpg
                www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Wait. So it overheats in 4K 24p in 40 min? Isn't the recording limit 30 min?

Comment

Gerald restarted recording immediately after it cut

With my other 30-minute limit cameras, you can roll for hours and hours as long as you restart the roll every 30 minutes
                    www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Ah OK. I'm looking to upgrade my A7III to something in the $2500 range, but the R6 doesn't look like the answer. Plus I've been picking up some Sony glass lately. Would be nice if the A7SIII was a little cheaper. I really don't want to invest much in a non-cinema body at this point...

Comment

Do you have an external recorder? That might make the R6 usable without time limits

Some people like the a7R4 for video although it's not going to be as powerful as the a7siii
                        www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

No recorder. The A7R4 is still 8 bit, isn't it?

Comment

Bringing this back, as I just ordered an R6. The new firmware seems promising and to have improved the recording time. I'll do some tests once I have the camera.

Comment

Great. I am still eying this camera if they put C-LOg3 on it for a little more recorded DR.

Comment

Working...
                              X