Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raw image files from Raw video - 1dx Mark III? Photo and video at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raw image files from Raw video - 1dx Mark III? Photo and video at the same time?

Do you think it is possible to pull Raw image files from Raw video? Theoretically, you could shoot raw video and pull raw image files and edit them. This way one person could do photography and videography at the same time... Do you think it is possible?

Any ideas?
    Miami Wedding Photographers

If you're actually asking about true RAW frames then no, not from Canon's RAW video. (But you could from other formats like CinemaDNG.)

But yes if you're thinking still frames...depending on what you shoot since a lot of photography requires high shutter speeds, which wouldn't look normal with video. But if there's a balance (and motion isn't much of a factor), it is possible to pull still frames from extremely high-quality video.

And you can grab still images in the camera from a video clip, but I believe they are JPEGs.

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
      If you're actually asking about true RAW frames then no, not from Canon's RAW video. (But you could from other formats like CinemaDNG.)

But yes if you're thinking still frames...depending on what you shoot since a lot of photography requires high shutter speeds, which wouldn't look normal with video. But if there's a balance (and motion isn't much of a factor), it is possible to pull still frames from extremely high-quality video.

And you can grab still images in the camera from a video clip, but I believe they are JPEGs.
      i see! So it would be possible from CinemaDNG.
      I hear you. It would be possible if the subjects don't move. Otherwise I would need higher shutter speed...Higher shutter speed doesn't look great in video...
      Canon has a 8k Raw option. I was thinking about that. I guess I have to try to be able to say...
      Miami Wedding Photographers

Comment

Originally posted by hasselblad View Post
        Do you think it is possible to pull Raw image files from Raw video? Theoretically, you could shoot raw video and pull raw image files and edit them. This way one person could do photography and videography at the same time... Do you think it is possible?

Any ideas?
        Been doing it for years, every since the 1DC in 2013.

Just note no AF for 60p Raw ( I really hate this) end up using 30P most of the time.....

Comment

Working...
        X