Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a walk-in service centre in LA that will do the C-LOG upgrade for 5d mark IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a walk-in service centre in LA that will do the C-LOG upgrade for 5d mark IV

Hello,

I am Canadian and it will take me a month to get the C-Log upgrade for my Canon 5D Mark IV since I need to mail it across the country to Canon's Brampton, Ontario service centre.

However, I will be in Los Angeles for a few days. Is there a Canon walk-in service center there or nearby that will do the C-Log upgrade on the spot for my 5D Mark IV?

Will they do it for "canadian cameras"?

Thank you!

I would call Canon USA (if possible) for both questions: 1-800-652-2666

I'm thinking there has to be a walk-in center in Los Angeles or somewhere near by, but it's interesting to see if they would upgrade your camera with a Canadian serial number (if you bought it in Canada).

Originally, they announced the C-Log upgrade only for USA customers.

Comment

I kinda think the answer to both questions would be no, sadly. Can't hurt to give them a call and ask:

Canon Factory Service Center
      123 Paularino Ave
      Costa Mesa, CA 92626
      Hours: Open today · 8AM–6PM
      Phone: (949) 753-4200
      https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...erience-center

But if you're a member of Canon Canada CPS, couldn't you get the update more quickly? Might at least be asking them...
      http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/en/catego...d=5&catid=4345

Hopefully someone else here can provide a more definitive answer...

Good luck!
      ----------
      Jim Feeley
      POV Media

Comment

Update:
        I phoned Canon Burbank and they said that yes, you could do walk-ins, they can service Canon's from outside the US and it takes 1-2 days depending on workload.

Comment

Working...
        X