5D IV missing file, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5D IV missing file, help

I filmed some interviews and used the 5DIV as a B camera as I normally do. Recorded to the SD card. Everything seemed to be fine on set. I went home to find that one of the clips is missing. There is a gap in numbering it goes from 8319 to 8321. 8320 is not a mov file but rather a .DAT file that is 0KB. What could have happened? Is there any way to recover this? I don't see it when playing back in camera either.
    Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 7, Gopro Hero 6 (RIP), 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

Some sort of card/hardware corruption most likely occurred. It happens sometimes on every camera and the first question usually concerns the media being used.

If you used a recommended fast card and you've used it dozens of times before without any issues, it was probably just a rare malfunction.

If it's a new and slow card, you might want to run some tests on it or use better cards.

Comment

ok, so I think I must have unplugged the power to the camera on accident while it was recording. I didn't loose anythign important but just something to keep in mind for next time.
      Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 7, Gopro Hero 6 (RIP), 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

Comment

Yes, that will almost always cause data loss. (Usually only affecting the file that was being written...everything else should be secure.]

Comment

I believe canon have something to convert this Dat back to a mov. The DAT file is the temp file the camera write to the media, it will rename with properheaders added when you press the stop button.

Comment

Working...
          X