Tamron 24-70 2.8 vc zoom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamron 24-70 2.8 vc zoom

It's a Canon EF FF lens, hopefullly this is the right place for this thread!

I have the Tamron 17-50 2.8 vc lens, it's nice and the focus ring moves the same way as my cine lenses (A big reason why I buy Tamron). The zoom ring is fairly sticky though, and makes smooth push shots almost impossible. I'm looking at getting the full frame (to use with my speedbooster) Tamron 24-70 2.8 vc, and was wondering if anybody had any experience with this lens and how smooth it zoomed. The Canon 24-70 zooms great, was hoping it was similar. Ufortunately I don't know anybody locally that has one.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Scim View Post
    It's a Canon EF FF lens, hopefullly this is the right place for this thread!

I have the Tamron 17-50 2.8 vc lens, it's nice and the focus ring moves the same way as my cine lenses (A big reason why I buy Tamron). The zoom ring is fairly sticky though, and makes smooth push shots almost impossible. I'm looking at getting the full frame (to use with my speedbooster) Tamron 24-70 2.8 vc, and was wondering if anybody had any experience with this lens and how smooth it zoomed. The Canon 24-70 zooms great, was hoping it was similar. Ufortunately I don't know anybody locally that has one.

Thanks!
    Its meh - does the job, but dont expect cine lens level type of zooming.

That said, its the lens i have been using 90% of the time for the past 3 years.

Comment

Working...
    X