C-Log Coming to the Canon 5D IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C-Log Coming to the Canon 5D IV

It's still just a rumor at this point but it looks like C-Log is a strong possibility for the next 5DIV firmware update.

http://www.canonrumors.com/c-log-com...os-5d-mark-iv/

Here is the latest rumored spec list 3/28/2017:

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/ind...?topic=32269.0
    Last edited by egproductions; 03-28-2017, 03:35 PM.
    Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 7, Gopro Hero 6 (RIP), 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

That would be great. But the 1DX Mark II would have to get it too?

Comment

Wish it would come to the 7D mark II...

Comment

No Clog was the only thing keeping me from trading in my Ursa Mini 4.6k and pulling the trigger on a 1dx ii. I can deal with all of the other oddities with shooting with a 1dx ii or 5d4, but the dynamic range hit with no clog was the deal breaker. Love my 1DC

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
          That would be great. But the 1DX Mark II would have to get it too?
          Would hope so...

Comment

Canon have stated they are not creating a 1dc mkii. It's been confirmed that 5d m4 is getting clog.... There's no way on earth they won't give it to the 1dx mkii..... It's almost guaranteed. Canon said the 1dx mkii is the replacement of the 1dc and 1dx. I even think the 6d mkii will also get it. They said somewhere that 6d mkii will have a feature that they will need to add to 5d mk4
            This is probably it

Comment

Originally posted by Strouty View Post
              No Clog was the only thing keeping me from trading in my Ursa Mini 4.6k and pulling the trigger on a 1dx ii. I can deal with all of the other oddities with shooting with a 1dx ii or 5d4, but the dynamic range hit with no clog was the deal breaker. Love my 1DC
              Just curious, what about the Ursa mini do you not like that would make you trade it for a 1DX Mark II. I currently own a 1DX II and thinking about buying an Ursa mini but your comment made me wonder a bit. I'm also really hoping the 1DX gets the C-log.

Comment

I own a 1DX II. The autofocus is the reason why I bought it instead of a 1DC. The files are very good. Just need the c-log as I always shoot with c-log with my C300. I wish the 1DXII had XLRs. Else, everything is fine.
                Sabyasachi Patra / Wild Tiger Productions
                Equipment Reviews:https://www.indiawilds.com/diary/category/equipment/
                Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/IndiaWilds
                Profile:https://www.indiawilds.com/about.htm

Comment

I'll be very upset if they don't add C-Log to the 1DX II.
                  Jaime Vallés
                  AJV Media
                  Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

Comment

Latest rumor now says might not be as simple as a downloadable firmware. Might require drop off at Canon service center. This would be consistent with how firmware upgrades were handled on the 1Dc.

CR also now opens door to paid upgrade. Might not be free.

As long as it comes to the 1Dx mkII, I'm fine with paid upgrade. Would prefer re-badging to a red 'C' in that case too since it would clearly separate the camera and increase value.
                    @andreemarkefors

Comment

Originally posted by AndreeOnline View Post
                      Latest rumor now says might not be as simple as a downloadable firmware. Might require drop off at Canon service center. This would be consistent with how firmware upgrades were handled on the 1Dc.

CR also now opens door to paid upgrade. Might not be free.

As long as it comes to the 1Dx mkII, I'm fine with paid upgrade. Would prefer re-badging to a red 'C' in that case too since it would clearly separate the camera and increase value.
                      I'd be perfectly happy with a paid upgrade to C-Log with drop-off at a Canon service center. Those that don't need it, don't have to pay for it.
                      Jaime Vallés
                      AJV Media
                      Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

Comment

I've been waiting off on buying a new DSLR since selling my 1DC and this might help me make my decision. I'm just hoping that they don't end up diverging the 5D into two separate firmware upgrade lines and have the "5DC" require all future firmware upgrades be sent in to Canon. That was a real pain in the ass with the 1DC and ultimately led to fewer features and upgrades than were available on the 1DX.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMachoAlpha View Post
                          Just curious, what about the Ursa mini do you not like that would make you trade it for a 1DX Mark II. I currently own a 1DX II and thinking about buying an Ursa mini but your comment made me wonder a bit. I'm also really hoping the 1DX gets the C-log.
                          I am a big fan of the Ursa Mini 4.6k. Image quality wise, my 1DC (b-cam) doesn't touch it, and I don't believe a 1DX II w/ clog would touch it. And it's a real video camera with mounting points, XLRs, pro codecs, peaking/luts/zebras/etc. However, I do about 70% photo and 30% video, so just having 1D bodies for both photo and video (1DX II & a 1DC) really appealed to me rather than my current situation (1DX & 1DC & Ursa Mini 4.6k). The ursa mini is a beast on a gimbal as well, and the 1DX II w/ it's DPAF would be a no brainer.
                          Last edited by Strouty; 03-22-2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strouty View Post
                            I am a big fan of the Ursa Mini 4.6k. Image quality wise, my 1DC (b-cam) doesn't touch it, and I don't believe a 1DX II w/ clog would touch it. And it's a real video camera with mounting points, XLRs, pro codecs, peaking/luts/zebras/etc. However, I do about 70% photo and 30% video, so just having 1D bodies for both photo and video (1DX II & a 1DC) really appealed to me rather than my current situation (1DX & 1DC & Ursa Mini 4.6k). The ursa mini is a beast on a gimbal as well, and the 1DX II w/ it's DPAF would be a no brainer.
                            How does the Ursa Mini 4.6k compare to the canons concerning noise in low light, high ISO situations?

Edit:
                            Also, how does the Ursa auto focus and follow focus compares to the canons?
                            Last edited by Joshua_G; 03-23-2017, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua_G View Post
                              How does the Ursa Mini 4.6k compare to the canons concerning noise in low light, high ISO situations?

Edit:
                              Also, how does the Ursa auto focus and follow focus compares to the canons?
                              Autofocus is nearly non-existent on the Ursa Mini 4.6k. I think it technically does autofocus, but it would be very slow, even on a static subject. It's quicker to manual focus. The video servo focus ability (DPAF) on the 1DX II and 5D4 are light years ahead in that regard. And that is a big selling point for me.

Low light performance on the also isn't nearly as good as the canons, but I wouldn't call it bad, and definitely better than other black magic cameras. I've used ISO 1600 no problem, even pushed a little bit. It got a lot better after the black shading update. FPN can start to show up in deep shadows if you push it though. If you routinely shoot at ISO 3200 or 6400+, the 4.6k is not the camera for you.

I know with the Ursa Mini Pro they are spinning the camera as more of an ENG/Documentary cam, but in no way would I take it over a C100 or C300 if shooting a documentary. The autofocus is useless, battery life is 'meh' (even with vmounts) and the high ISO performance isn't good enough. The Ursa Mini Pro vs a 1DX II is another story, though, and will depend on how you plan to use each one.
                              Last edited by Strouty; 03-23-2017, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X