Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Canon's DLO remove chromatic aberration from EF 50mm F1.8 STM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Canon's DLO remove chromatic aberration from EF 50mm F1.8 STM?

Hello,

I was interested in picking up Canon's newer EF 50mm F1.8 STM lens, and was wondering (since I've seen it compared to the pricier Sigma Art 50mm F1.4, which at 100% view, does look a lot sharper) -- if Canon's lens optimization software somewhat improves the performance of the STM when it comes to those other artifacts?

Thanks!

Not sure about DLO correcting for chormatic aberrations, however, adobe lightroom and camera raw should be able to recognize and correct according to lens and camera body. The 50 1.8 STM is recognized by adobe. DPP is pretty cumbersome software to use, I recommend not using it.

That being said, for video and JPEG shooting, in camera recognition and corrections requires a compatible Canon Lens. Even though it's not recognized by my 5D IV, I own the Sigma Art and it's an incredible lens for stills or video.
    Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 7, Gopro Hero 6 (RIP), 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

Comment

Working...
    X