5D3 raw: DNG files not importing to Resolve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5D3 raw: DNG files not importing to Resolve

Just bought a CF card so I can shoot raw on the 5d3, very excited to try this this. I convert the raw files to DNG files then try to import them into Resolve, with no luck. I'm I missing a step here? I've Googled this and some people say Resolve only recognizes Cinima DNG files. Can someone point me in the right direction? Is there an alternative to Da Vinci Resolve?

Resolve is probably the most compatible DNG handling post production software in the world.
    Most likely there is something wrong with your DNG files.
    Shutter Angle: The science and magic of shooting moving pictures

Comment

Thought about shooting MLV rather than DNG?

Comment

http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2014...aw2cdng-1-5-0/

Comment

Originally posted by cpc View Post
          Resolve is probably the most compatible DNG handling post production software in the world.
          Most likely there is something wrong with your DNG files.
          I converted the ML-Raw files with RawMagic to DNG's.

Comment

I shot MLV then converted to DNG. Does Resolve take MLV?

Comment

Which version to download?

Comment

IIRC, raw2cdng is for windows only.
                Which version of Resolve do you use?
                Shutter Angle: The science and magic of shooting moving pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Thames View Post
                  Which version to download?
                  try raw2cdng 1.7.5 – 24.02.2016

Comment

The free version, 12.5.

Comment

That's widows version.

Comment

Has no one used RawMagic for this?

Comment

I've used RawMagic (v13.2) in the past and seem to remember that it imported seamlessly into Resolve.

HOWEVER...

RawMagic does something weird to exposure. All of my clips looked at least a stop underexposed and I had to bring up my levels. Since that discovery, I've been using MLVFS. It's a little odd to setup, but once you do, you can bring your MLV files directly into Resolve (it's much faster if you move the MLV files over to your local hard drive) without any weird exposure shift. From there, I usually tweak exposure and WB, and export ProRes4444 files and edit as usual.
                          QuickHitRecord.com

Comment

Originally posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
                            I've used RawMagic (v13.2) in the past and seem to remember that it imported seamlessly into Resolve.

HOWEVER...

RawMagic does something weird to exposure. All of my clips looked at least a stop underexposed and I had to bring up my levels. Since that discovery, I've been using MLVFS. It's a little odd to setup, but once you do, you can bring your MLV files directly into Resolve (it's much faster if you move the MLV files over to your local hard drive) without any weird exposure shift. From there, I usually tweak exposure and WB, and export ProRes4444 files and edit as usual.
                            I've never used resolve before. Just this attempt to edit raw. However, I open the media editor and my hard drive icon appears but when I click on it nothing is there. Shouldn't all my files show up if it click on my hard drive
                            ?

Comment

@Michael Thames

I don't know what to tell you. That has never happened to me. If you really can't see any other folders or anything, then it may be a file navigation issue within Resolve rather than an inability to import DNGs. In which case, I'd try a re-install of Resolve.

And seriously, consider trying MLVFS instead: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/ind...?topic=13152.0
                              QuickHitRecord.com

Comment

Working...
                              X