Atomos Ninja Star on Canon 1DX Mark II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atomos Ninja Star on Canon 1DX Mark II?

Hello, all. I'm trying to figure out ways of extending the recording time of my new 1DX Mark II for long-form events. Since I already have three CFast 2.0 cards for the camera itself, I'm wondering how well the Atomos Ninja Star will work for shooting takes longer than 30 minutes.

Does anyone have any experience with the Ninja Star in event shooting? And do we think there would be any issues using it with a 1DXII? Thanks in advance!
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

Anyone? Bueller?
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media

Comment

I don't see why 1080/24p/30p shouldn't work...test it if you can to be sure.

No 1080/60p.

Obviously no 4K. (Don't think the camera outputs 4K to an external recorder either.)

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
        I don't see why 1080/24p/30p shouldn't work...test it if you can to be sure.

No 1080/60p.

Obviously no 4K. (Don't think the camera outputs 4K to an external recorder either.)
        Yeah, no 4K or 1080/60p is fine. I just want to be able to shoot more than 30 minutes in 1080/24p on the 1DX II. I can't test it myself because I don't have the Ninja Star yet. I'll see if I can find a cheap unit on Ebay.

Thanks!
        Jaime VallÚs
        AJV Media

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime Valles View Post
          Yeah, no 4K or 1080/60p is fine. I just want to be able to shoot more than 30 minutes in 1080/24p on the 1DX II. I can't test it myself because I don't have the Ninja Star yet. I'll see if I can find a cheap unit on Ebay.

Thanks!
          I guess is not too safe if anything goes wrong with the connection, do not use HDMI to control control on/off. Cannot see other problem apart from that.

Comment

Working...
          X