Kimmy - 1DX mark II 4K video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hempo22 View Post
    I would really like to know what lenses people are using with the AF and which works the best Primes, zooms, Canon or third party... I got a lot of investing to do with lenses going to an FF DSLR.
    These are some of the lens I used most frequently in the last year for my 1DC but since I only got my 1DX2 yesterday I have not tested them yet. What I have below probably cover the most commonly used range most people will use for photography and video. I also own many other lens in this range, they were not much used mainly because of no stablization, the lens are older version, and the newer lens below already cover my normal use.

Canon
    70-200L 2.8 IS2 Tested OK
    11-24L 4
    200L 2 IS Tested ok
    35L 1.4 II

Tamron
    24-70 2.8 VC
    150-600 vc

Sigma
    20 1.4
    50 1.4

Comment

Originally posted by cookinghusband View Post
      These are some of the lens I used most frequently in the last year for my 1DC but since I only got my 1DX2 yesterday I have not tested them yet. What I have below probably cover the most commonly used range most people will use for photography and video. I also own many other lens in this range, they were not much used mainly because of no stablization, the lens are older version, and the newer lens below already cover my normal use.

Canon
      70-200L 2.8 IS2 Tested OK
      11-24L 4
      200L 2 IS Tested ok
      35L 1.4 II

Tamron
      24-70 2.8 VC
      150-600 vc

Sigma
      20 1.4
      50 1.4
      Not 100% sure after 6week, The canons seems to be fine,

Seems like the 1DX2 (DPAF) do not like non Canon lens, need to try more before reporting back.

Comment

Originally posted by cookinghusband View Post
        Not 100% sure after 6week, The canons seems to be fine,

Seems like the 1DX2 (DPAF) do not like non Canon lens, need to try more before reporting back.
        I, too, would like to know how your Sigma lenses work with the 1DXII DPAF. Thanks for your info!
        Jaime VallÚs
        AJV Media
        Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

Comment

Would love some info on how the Sigma's do on the 1DX2 also!

Comment

The Sigmas work fine on the 1DX Mark II, just not as fast focusing as the Canons. You have to turn off some specific chromatic aberration and end distortion correction software in the menu that are optimised for canon lenses and create a very strange circular artefact specially on the 35 1.4 art and 20 1.4 art.

I have the 1DX Mark II with the 20 1.4, 35 1.4 and 50 1.4 art lenses and while I've mainly used it in pictures, in video they also work fine. However, I don't rely on the autofocus for video. I never use it even with Canon lenses. Not because it is not good, I just prefer manual operation.
            SÚrgio Perez
            Macanese Director
            http://vimeo.com/user1503556
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGm...k6DwDmEIDfE0nw
            https://www.instagram.com/spzmacau/

Comment

There is our fist work with canon 1dx mark II camera and wildlife: https://youtu.be/0MB8uiNx1RY
              During the rain there was very dark and dual pixel work properly only in flexi zone single mode. Traking mode could not rich sharpness. What was very intersting auto focus during photo taking (outside of live view) drive continuosly and did not get sharpness at all. All the birds footage with canon 1dx m2. In harsh light condition (background with sunlight and the bird in shade) in Technicolor cinestyle. During rain footage in neutral with contrast all the way down and saturation -2 and sharpnes off. Only the leafs and water drop from sony a7s mark II. Any comments are welcome
              Last edited by tundrik; 08-18-2016, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X