Kimmy - 1DX mark II 4K video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimmy - 1DX mark II 4K video

I had no plan before receiving this 1DX mark II surprisingly from Canon Vietnam, so came up with the idea to shoot in a old building with my friend. In all, we shot within a 2-hour of time, we were moving fast between takes for different angles and actions, tested out dynamic range, low light, High ISO noise. I was extremely satisfied with this Canon 1DX mark II 4K Image Quality & Color. In the touch screen + Dual Pixel Focus make this beast unstoppable!

Film by Moc Nguyen on Canon 1DX mark II
    Model by Kimmy Bui
    Makeup by Mid Nguyen
    All shots: 4K 60fps. Neutral Setting: Sharpness 0, Contrast 0, Saturation -1. Edited on FCP X, Graded using Magic Bullet Looks, Export to 4K Prores LT.

Thank Canon Vietnam for sponsoring the Canon 1DX mark II.

Vimeo 4K : https://vimeo.com/158004101

Thanks for posting. Nice job.

Comment

Could you please post in ungraded? In that way we can get a better idea of what the quality of the footage is like.

Comment

How do you compare the DR from C-Log to the more flat profile on the 1DXII? Any idea if the 1DXII can come close to 12 stops?

Comment

Thank you for posting this. If you have the time and possibility, can you definitely post the ungraded version and tell us a bit more about the dynamic range as the others members mentioned above?

Also, did you add any grain to the video?

Thank you.

Comment

I'd also like to see an ungraded version.

In my own tests on the 1Dc I think the 1Dx mkII will take quite a bit of under exposure (to protect some highlight information) that can be lifted in post. But that won't change the fact that Canon Log provides a completely different roll off.
            @andreemarkefors

Comment

Here is the ungraded version:

https://vimeo.com/158033436/e74797244c

Canon's colors are truly a treasure. I know it's a stills camera first...but such a pleasing video image in a small package.

Comment

Originally posted by sebben View Post
                Could you please post in ungraded? In that way we can get a better idea of what the quality of the footage is like.
                Check the description for original ungraded my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ReelWorksMedia View Post
                  How do you compare the DR from C-Log to the more flat profile on the 1DXII? Any idea if the 1DXII can come close to 12 stops?
                  Of course C-log would be more flatter in theory. 1DX II doesnt have C-Log, it's just like a DSLR. I dont have enough test equipments to test Dynamic Range.

Comment

What settings were she shot at when walking around inside in the beginning... looks very noisy.

Comment

He has answered a couple of questions regarding settings under the original, graded video on Vimeo.

Those noisy shots were made with Auto ISO and he thinks ISO was at least 10.000. But I agree: pretty clippy and noisy.
                      @andreemarkefors

Comment

Originally posted by AndreeOnline View Post
                        He has answered a couple of questions regarding settings under the original, graded video on Vimeo.

Those noisy shots were made with Auto ISO and he thinks ISO was at least 10.000. But I agree: pretty clippy and noisy.
                        Let me explain more, this shot I want to test Auto ISO, then it raises up to 10,000 ISO. Also after Graded, noisy from Plugins (Film Noise) plus with original footage noise. And that's what you saw.

Comment

I think your video looks nice and I'm considering this camera to replace my 5DmkIII. I'm not sure I can motivate it but my 5DmkIII has stayed with me four years now so a 1DX II will probably stay as long or longer.

How did you experience things like rolling shutter in 4k? Did you try 1080p also?

Comment

Comment

Boring video but looks good in 4k rez. The 1080 slowmotion parts have to be looked into further as they look soft. Question is how much of the tech that will trickle down to the 5D mk4?

Comment

Working...
                              X