Lenses with 'Voigtlander' character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenses with 'Voigtlander' character

Hey, All. I was using the Voigtlander series for awhile on my GH3/4. Leaving those Voigts behind is the only part of moving from the M43 system that I miss for the type of work I do. Unfortunately, many of the VM-mounts for Voigts won't adapt to FF.

I'd love to find a lens that has a similar beautiful color/light rendering for my 5d Mark III. Unfortunately, Voigtlander makes only two lenses for Canon FF: a 20 & a 40. (I already have a 40 and 20 seems a touch wide for my taste.)

Anyone have a suggestion for new/legacy lenses that render images in that creamy, vibrant way? I sometimes find the L's a little clinical for video.

Thanks for any suggestions.

...and just discovered a Voigt 28mm for FF!

Still, question stands. Would love to discover a new lens out there that blows me away like the Voigts do. :-)

Comment

I like Leica R and Olympus OMs
      Pudgy bearded camera guy
      http://mcbob.tv

Comment

Thanks, mcbob! Are the OM's usable on FF?

Comment

Cosina is the manufacturer of the Voightlander m4/3 lenses and they also make the Zeiss ZE lenses for Canon cameras, so perhaps the Zeiss ZE lenses are what you are looking for.

Comment

Yep, Oly's OM series were full-frame cameras, and they also have dumb adapters for EOS mount available.

Look up a few samples and see if they suit you
            Pudgy bearded camera guy
            http://mcbob.tv

Comment

Originally posted by mcbob View Post
              Yep, Oly's OM series were full-frame cameras, and they also have dumb adapters for EOS mount available.

Look up a few samples and see if they suit you
              Great! Looking forward to taking a look. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X