Sound Technology changed for the DSLR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Technology changed for the DSLR?

I have the Canon 5d mkiii the sound isn't too bad being recorded from the camera it isn't perfect but it still really not that bad and of course you have no control where the mic needs to be. I have the Sennheiser Mic and it has worked great using it on the HVX200A. I have had the Zoom H4N system and I didn't care for it. Okay this is what I would like to do - I would like to get a sound system that I can plug into the camera and then plug my mic into the sound system and have the sound recorded right onto the footage just like my HVX200A. There are the Tascam, Beachtek, JuicedLink. Has anyone done this setup and if so how did you like it? I have a few very short project that I would do this on since I'm on my own. On a much bigger project we have a sound guy.

Has the technology on sound recording advance any?

:-)
    Last edited by New_Zealand; 01-26-2014, 08:22 AM.

Comment

DSLRs are are always going to have the video be secondary function to the still function.

That is why the C100/C300/C500 came out.

That being said, a Mix Pre-D: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...eld_Mixer.html and a cable like this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...SLR_AUDIO.html will go a long way to improving your on-camera audio.
      Matt Gottshalk
      Director of Production
      BPI.tv

Comment

The MixPre-D is amazing for it's size and cost… And also, if you need it, it will turn your laptop into a mobile recording device.
        In regards to the bracket that you can get for it, consider that it will make the 5D quite a lot more bulky and tall.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I went ahead and picked up the DXA-Connect from Beachtech. It is designed for the canon 5d mkiii. Haven't tested it yet but will do so in the next couple of days.

Last edited by New_Zealand; 01-26-2014, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Without the mattebox

Comment

Working...
              X