5D3 Magic Lantern to Resolve and Premiere problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5D3 Magic Lantern to Resolve and Premiere problems

OK, longtime DSLR user, but just recently began playing with Magic Lantern to get ready for a project. I am doing some testing and having issues. I shoot with Magic Lantern RAW. Everything works OK.

1. I use RAWMagic to convey RAW to DNG's.

2. I can import into Resolve OK, and the files looks correct. But Resolve will not let me drag the clips into the timeline or do Color adjustment. When I try to drag the clip it gives me a crossed out circle.

3. I can import into Premiere CC 7.1 and it shows up, but the clips all have a very strong pink color cast. I can bring these clips into the timeline, but still has the color cast.

Any ideas?

Adam

The ML Cinema DNG's do not work well in the new Premiere Pro CC 7.1 update. The strong pink cast is problem is so far unsolved. So direct editing with CDNGs in Premiere Pro for now is not an option. I am not a Resolve user yet, but there are people on the ML forums using it successfully for a while now, so it should work for you. I have read that the new version Resolve 10 works better than ever with ML CDNGs. So maybe ask over there if you don't get an answer here.

Comment

In Resolve, click the + in the Timeline window. Then you can drag clips in and edit.

Comment

using resolve 10, In the
        MEDIA Tab you drag your clips from the library folder to the media Pool.

go to EDIT Tab go to File menu>New Timeline or Ctrl+N

Drag your footage to Timeline.
        Ted Ramasola
        Allen, TX, U.S.A

http://ramasolaproductions.com

Comment

(In Resolve 10) You can also uncheck the "empty timeline" checkbox (checked by default) in the "new timeline" dialog and clips from the media pool are auto imported on the timeline.
          Shutter Angle: The science and magic of shooting moving pictures

Comment

Thanks everyone. I assumed that there was just a small thing I was missing having not used Resolve before. One of those things having just dove in was not clear. It sure looked like there was already a timeline there Thanks! Also good to know the issue in Premiere is a known issue. I am really liking Resolve. I am tempted to try to edit a project almost entirely in Resolve except for graphics and Audio I guess. I am still not happy with Apple for the whole FCPX fiasco. I switched to Adobe CS5.5 and then CS6 after all that and just recently got fully comfortable having used FCP since version 1.0. And then Adobe goes and pulls the whole Cloud mess. I am using CC now because some shared projects required it. But I am seriously looking at other options. So if Resolve keeps growing to add more editing feature - who knows. Or maybe Avid. I just am getting tired of these guys making radical changes.

Comment

I was resistant to CC at first, but then figured it's not really that much different in cost since I always upgrade Master Collection. The CC install was flawless- much easier than the old way. In the past I purchased the CS5/CS6 Business license which allowed installing on PC and Mac (2 installs), and with CC we can still do that. Additionally, can move licenses to different machines. My laptop is OSX only (MBP 2012 4-core) however I run my MacPro 12-core mostly in Windows 7 (faster, more stable than running in OSX for graphics/video heavy work). I use FCP X as a toy to play with for quick creative ideas but would not cut anything serious on it (way too buggy). I've only used Resolve a few times, but with google at hand it's not hard to figure out. If they make it into a full-featured editor, that would be excellent, as they tend to have the highest performance GPU accelerated engine vs. everyone else (in other words- uses all available processing power and strives for real-time everything). If they opened up a GPU Shader API for effects/filters, that would be a great start.

Comment

Working...
              X