Replacing 5D3 onboard audio with good audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing 5D3 onboard audio with good audio

I have a bunch of clips shot on the 5D3 in ProRes 422HQ. They have scratch audio captured from the onboard microphone, but I have good audio captured on an H4N. Since there's no timecode on the wav files I need to manually match up the wav forms. This is fine, but I'm having a hard time finding an application that will let me match up the wav forms visually, strip out the scratch audio and then remux the file without re-encoding the video. I know I can match the wav forms in Premiere Pro, but I haven't figured out how to remux the audio without re-encoding the video file.

Well, this is kinda moot now. I'm obviously REALLY late to the party, but I just discovered that there's no way to export to any ProRes format from Premiere Pro on Windows. Since I have to transcode my stuff to DNxHD anyway, I guess it doesn't matter. However, going forward it will, so I guess I'll need this info in the future.

Comment

PLURALEYES.
      Matches up the waveforms. Can be programmed in the preferences to automatcally replace the scratch track.

Comment

That looks really cool. Does it do this without re-encoding the video file?

Comment

Looks like it does it all with XML. So no re-encode.

Comment

yeah it will leave you with a Pr timeline that had the new synced audio track, totally worth the money for the software. (i think its like $99 currently)
            www.thestudiowlv.com

Comment

$199. Still worth it.

Comment

Very worth it. Saves a ton of time syncing tracks. Only takes a few minutes for the stand-alone software to evaluation the audio and video -- and then exports in XML format that you can slurp into Premiere.

Comment

Every year Red Giant has a one-day secret sale sometime in early Dec. I think last year's was 40% off everything in the store. If you aren't in a hurry you might want to wait just a bit.
                  Matt Sorrels

Comment

I can wait. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                    X