Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unwanted speed changes from AE workflow

Having some difficulty here.
    I am getting speed changes (acceleration in some places) when I go through the RAW>RAWMAGIC>AE workflow process.
    I have tried keeping all the settings at 0 in ACR, so that there shouldn't be any issues, but I am getting them nonetheless.
    If I take the same RAW footage and put it through Ginger HDR I don't have any speed change issues. (Unfortunately the output from that plugin feels a little soft to me).

Anyone have any ideas whats going on?

AE is really easy to mess up. Too many buttons and options that don't default to a proper setting. Check the frame rate in import, footage interpretation, timeline, and export. Any of those not set correctly will screw the rest of the settings. If all that is good and if it wasn't doing this before, then do the regular voodoo fixes like emptying the cache, trashing the prefs, resetting the scratch disc (cache).

Comment

Absolutely Andrius, I just had this happen to me. I thought I had every thing set up correctly in After Effects to render out a 23.976 DNG sequence to video. The first render looked weird with strange motion artifacts. Everything was set up correctly except I forgot that on import of an image sequence AE stupidly defaults to 30 fps. So you drop that DNG sequence into a 23.976 fps composition and then render and it looks like crap. I think this is where the misguided notion that somehow ML raw video has a strange motion cadence comes from. Its not the camera or the format, its the mistakes in After Effects or other programs that render it incorrectly.

Comment

I checked all of those things in AE, still the same problem.
        I then did the same file, same workflow on a Mac Pro. No issues.
        The first was an iMac.
        Is it possible that the processing power of the first machine is actually affecting the quality of the final output?

Comment

Originally posted by yoclay View Post
          Is it possible that the processing power of the first machine is actually affecting the quality of the final output?
          AE doesn't really work like that. But it is possible the system software on the iMac is different which could change how AE sees your files. If you start over a completely new project on the iMac and do the same steps that worked on the Mac Pro do you get the same bad results? If so I'd say there is something wrong with your OS and/or AE itself. Might be able to uninstall/reinstall. Usually though it's some setting inside AE.
          Matt Sorrels

Comment

Trash the prefs on the iMac. Something is set incorrectly there.

Comment

Working...
            X