X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by photographist View Post
    Wow.. makes me think of where I grew up, and the Santa Ynez mountains behind Santa Barbara, in CA! I'd swear some of the footage was along El Camino Sierra! Where was this film shot? Very nicely done and thank you for sharing!
    It was filmed on the trail that leads up to Knapps castle.

Leave a comment:

• Tony Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by chagrin View Post
    I just shot my first downhill footage a few weeks ago. I really like the color grading on the gopro footage. Getting ready to try a full resolve workflow myself. Did you hike or ride your cameras into position?
    It was a bit tough to match the GoPro footage with the rest of the cameras, but I found that even on ProTune it records a bit saturated, so it was easier to shot match once I brought the saturation down.
    Also, the POV shots for the dream sequence were shot at in the 1440 (4:3) mode (1920x1440) and then stretched to a 16:9 aspect ratio. This mode uses the entire GoPro sensor and effectively gives you the widest field of view. No aliasing and the footage is incredibly sharp!

We hiked the cameras into position, it was a lot of uphill hiking! Even more so for the rider because we did multiple takes for each section!

Originally posted by ROCKMORE View Post
    Nice footage, got all the angles. What was the frame rate on the slow motion shots of the bike in the corner?
    We maxed out the RED Epic frame rate shooting at 2K WS, it was at 300FPS. You can shoot 1K at 359FPS but we wanted it to be 1080 wide screen.
    Last edited by Tony Mac; 10-23-2013, 12:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• photographist
    replied
    Wow.. makes me think of where I grew up, and the Santa Ynez mountains behind Santa Barbara, in CA! I'd swear some of the footage was along El Camino Sierra! Where was this film shot? Very nicely done and thank you for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• ROCKMORE
    replied
    Originally posted by Tony Mac View Post

It was primarily shot with 5DIII ML Raw, along with RED Epic and some GoPro shots.

First time doing a roundtrip workflow using DaVinci Resolve and Premiere Pro.

Let me know what you guys think of it!
    Nice footage, got all the angles. What was the frame rate on the slow motion shots of the bike in the corner?

Leave a comment:

• chagrin
    replied
    I just shot my first downhill footage a few weeks ago. I really like the color grading on the gopro footage. Getting ready to try a full resolve workflow myself. Did you hike or ride your cameras into position?

Leave a comment:

• Terry Nixon
    replied
    enjoyed the video. keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• vtwiz
    replied
    Great vid....... the fact that the guy is riding a 29er ruined it for me though ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Bassman2003
    replied
    Great job. It is amazing what the 5D can now achieve. I am keeping my eye on the fast CF cards...

Leave a comment:

• Tony Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by groveChuck View Post
    Really, really well done, loved it!
    MkIII looks beautiful, great match on the grade, the Epic slow mo is fantastic, and the RC heli use is subtle but very effective!

How many days shooting the sweet light?

Now I'm dying to ride...
    We shot the entire thing in a day and a half, the second day we got really lucky with just a little bit of cloud cover that let us shoot all day in beautiful directional, yet soft light!

Leave a comment:

• Tony Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by New_Zealand View Post
    Good Job. From using three different cameras the footage match up pretty well. High shot GoPro, Wide Shot Mkiii and close up Red Epic?
    If you're talking about the beginning of the video after the dream sequence, you are correct. Good eye!

Leave a comment:

• groveChuck
    replied
    Really, really well done, loved it!
    MkIII looks beautiful, great match on the grade, the Epic slow mo is fantastic, and the RC heli use is subtle but very effective!

How many days shooting the sweet light?

Now I'm dying to ride...

Leave a comment:

• Paul Cronin
    replied
    Nice video, you pulled me in. Makes me miss my time out West riding. Great to see you getting the most out of the MKIII. Cool sound track too, it really matched the footage well. Keep having fun.

Leave a comment:

• New_Zealand
    replied
    Good Job. From using three different cameras the footage match up pretty well. High shot GoPro, Wide Shot Mkiii and close up Red Epic?

Leave a comment:

• A Mountain Bike film shot on 5DIII ML RAW and RED Epic

It was primarily shot with 5DIII ML Raw, along with RED Epic and some GoPro shots.

First time doing a roundtrip workflow using DaVinci Resolve and Premiere Pro.

Let me know what you guys think of it!
Working...
X