Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good solution for LCD + Zoom mic for run and gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good solution for LCD + Zoom mic for run and gun?

Trying to figure out a good way for handheld / run and gun stuff that will hold a LCD (that I can tilt) and a Zoom mic. I have a full rig I can use too, but if the mood strikes me that I want to go as minimal as possible, what would you recommend? I'm torn between a L bracket with handle (multiple shoe mounts) vs a "dual" cold shoe adapter. I'm worried on the latter that I might not have enough room for my 5" LCD with one. Plus I would probably prefer having something mounted to the tripod mount instead of putting weight on the shoe.

Thoughts?

http://www.shapewlb.com/en/product/p...age_parent=282

Comment

Cinevate Simplis with arm.

Using the shoe itself is risky when mounting somthing as heavy as an LCD as it can fall off easily.

As for the LCD, if you need to go super light weight and don't care for super high resolution I'd go with the SmallHD DP4.

Comment

As appealing as that is, I would be worried about the shoe getting ripped out of the camera.

K-Tek recently announced this one, the Norbert, that appears to be light & relatively versitile...

http://www.ktekbooms.com/video/camera/norbert/

Comment

I have never had a monitor fall off any of my cameras.

From memory the shoe mount is integrated into the magnesium body of the 5DmkIII.

Comment

Originally posted by David W. Jones View Post
            I have never had a monitor fall off any of my cameras.

From memory the shoe mount is integrated into the magnesium body of the 5DmkIII.
            The shoe won't rip off as easily as the monitor falling off regardless of how much you tighten the monitor to the shoe.

Comment

Working...
            X