Would you buy this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you buy this?

I'm REALLY tempted to buy THIS CANON 5D MARK III ON EBAY. Great reviews for the seller and it's heavily discounted. I don't see any reason not to go for it and that's where I need your help. I know if it's too good I need to think twice. What am I missing if anything? Could it be a grey market product and if so should I be worried about buying it?

I saw that too, Very tempting but I will go for an authorized dealer, remember is almost 2.600 dollars, to be honest that's a lot of money for me, but if you wanna take the risk, go for it, let me know how it goes

Comment

Read this first. I don't think Ken Rockwell would buy it.

(http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/ebay/)
      Kahn Artist Filmworks
      FaceBook

Comment

Canon has the 5d mark iii refurbished listed for $2799 on the canon direct refurbished website, unfortunately it's back ordered right now. Looks like the 6d is in stock for $1599. I bought my 60d around three years ago refurbished and I've never looked back. It's been perfect. But to answer your question no I wouldn't buy it, it just seems way to good to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by David B View Post
          Canon has the 5d mark iii refurbished listed for $2799 on the canon direct refurbished website, unfortunately it's back ordered right now. Looks like the 6d is in stock for $1599. I bought my 60d around three years ago refurbished and I've never looked back. It's been perfect. But to answer your question no I wouldn't buy it, it just seems way to good to be true.
          The canon refurbished section is always my first stop when I'm looking for a body. Like you, I was hit with the "back ordered" memo.

Comment

Originally posted by jamani View Post
            The canon refurbished section is always my first stop when I'm looking for a body. Like you, I was hit with the "back ordered" memo.
            Yeah I remember staking out the refurbished site waiting for the 60d to come in stock. I checked the site like a crazy person, every 30 minutes or so lol. One day it showed up and I bought it instantly. I've bought so many things refurbished - and every last one of them working flawlessly (without dents or scratches) - that I don't even care if its refurbished. My latest refurbished product is apples latest 27" imac, and its in perfect condition. But something about that ebay deal just seems weird, I don't really know why. The seller has a lot of positive feedback and rated as an eBay top seller, although it looks like one guy said his camera shipped with an open box and no documents. Checking it out again I'm not too sure, it doesn't seem all that bad. I prefer auctions myself.

Comment

Turns out it was the real deal..... but they've sold out now.

http://www.canonrumors.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Kahn View Post

Well, normally K. R. not doing something is a pretty good recommendation for you to actually do that something, but with eBay I agree. (But that’s all I agree with K. R. about).
                sigpic

http://www.keylightdigital.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Kahn View Post

The thing that made the man famous.
                  Drone Pilot at Drone Trilogy
                  www.DroneTrilogy.com

Comment

Ha ha. You guys are mean. I've seen some of his photos and some of them are pretty damn good.

But whether you love the guy or hate him his eBay point seemed completely valid.

Cheers!
                    Last edited by Steve Kahn; 07-19-2013, 07:33 AM.
                    Kahn Artist Filmworks
                    FaceBook

Comment

How much is your time worth? How much is not getting the shot today worth? At a certain point you just need to pull the trigger, pay the price, and not look back.
                      It's also worth something to not have to stress over your gear and stress over what might happen later. I took so much time trying to decide if I really wanted to buy a 5D3 and when I finally did, all I could think about is why I didn't do it sooner. The stills are so much better than what I was getting on my 7D that it was shocking. I didn't realize how much I missed having headphones for video.
                      I looked at the eBay "deals", the Canon refurbished, my local shop, and in the end just pulled the trigger and bought it from B&H the day before a shoot. No regrets. ...except for waiting. The refurbs are fine most of the time, but if you figure in sales tax and shipping the price difference can disappear quickly. The other thing is that "most of the time" issue. My old employer was a cheapskate who would buy refurbed Macs and we had a couple that took so much time to get set up, then crash, then back and forth with getting them to run properly, get fixed, get sent back, that in the end the refurbs cost way more because of the hours wasted on them. It has to be a really big difference in price to justify a refurb.

Comment

Working...
                      X