Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Mick
    replied
    Hey! Just got back from some semi-vacation, so I'll get back to work on the Guide tomorrow and hopefully have a new version posted by Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Ramasola
    replied
    developments are moving so fast. do check this every once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• stevetownsend
    replied
    Really appreciate the pdf. An old hand at stills but a newbie to moving images all help is appreciated. As a Nikon guy I have just taken the plunge and ordered a 5D3 solely for the purpose of the new raw developments. Expect I will be asking some basic stuff but hopefully to limit all that I will read the pdf first!!

Actually I was just about to purchase the EOSHD version!! Indeed I never mind paying too much for stuff occasionally because I learn so much in between, often without any payment at all. So the odd payment now and again I don't get too upset about. But you guys raise good points about of the important stuff being provided completely free of charge, I will be contributing directly to where the money should go in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Jay Birch
    replied
    re: Dual ISO.... Alot of the tests i have done, for video, have proved to be pretty much unusable due to the very harsh aliasing, especially pink edges on the highlights. I haven't tested for a few days though, so will check for improvements and report back. (For photos, it is stunning though).

I have had no problems using Dual ISO, so far... But i'd not like to risk someone else's camera.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen Mick
    replied
    I've just posted an updated PDF (same link above) that includes a quick-start guide for the 5D2, as well as a complete step-by-step install guide for the 5D2.

Sorry for the delay on the workflow section. It's taking longer than originally anticipated.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    (why do people say 'treat it like your own?' I treat my personal gear like crap, and care for someone else's t2i like it was a precious relic.)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just wondering about heating and bricking... as I would hate to damage someone else's equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen Mick
    replied
    Hmmmm… I haven't done extensive testing with Dual ISO yet (working on that next week), but the only issues I've heard of are some shadow noise, and potentially increased aliasing. Best to do you own testing before shooting, methinks.

SM

Originally posted by James0b57 View Post
    Would love to try out Dual ISO, has anyone had issues with it? The 5d3 I am going to evolve is not mine, otherwise I'd have it loaded in a heart beat. About to shoot some stuff destined for 720p, so I was thinking of shooting dual ISO for daylight exteriors (with the 1Dc on standby). Thanks

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Jay Birch View Post
    Looking great.If you need any help, PM me, i've been doing alot of testing with the overcrank and Dual ISO features

One tip, i would arrange all the ML technical stuff at the front, then the more general info at the back (eg cinema DNG, editing, workflow etc).
    Would love to try out Dual ISO, has anyone had issues with it? The 5d3 I am going to evolve is not mine, otherwise I'd have it loaded in a heart beat. About to shoot some stuff destined for 720p, so I was thinking of shooting dual ISO for daylight exteriors (with the 1Dc on standby). Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Stephen Mick
    replied
    Thanks for the post, Jay! I may hit you up to review the overcrank and Dual ISO sections before I add them to the Guide.

Cheers!

SM

Leave a comment:

• Jay Birch
    replied
    Looking great.If you need any help, PM me, i've been doing alot of testing with the overcrank and Dual ISO features

One tip, i would arrange all the ML technical stuff at the front, then the more general info at the back (eg cinema DNG, editing, workflow etc).

Leave a comment:

• Stephen Mick
    replied
    We've already updated the file with some additional information, so whenever you're ready to refer to it, be sure to re-download from the same link.

Working on workflow and editing stuff right now.

SM

Originally posted by Cory Braun View Post
    Did a brief overview of it, and it looked great! Going to try to really sit down with it tomorrow, and I'll let you know what I think. Thanks again man.

Leave a comment:

• Cory Braun
    replied
    Originally posted by Stephen Mick View Post
    Hey, Cory! If you've downloaded the Guide, take a look and let me know what you think. If you haven't, well what the hell is wrong with you?

http://www.dvxuser.com/guides/ml_raw...5DIII_full.pdf
    Did a brief overview of it, and it looked great! Going to try to really sit down with it tomorrow, and I'll let you know what I think. Thanks again man.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen Mick
    replied
    Glad you like it, Chris!

And hey, if Magic Lantern won't take your money, you can always support our favorite charity, the Isara Foundation, run by DVXUser's own P.K. Gillock…
    http://www.isara.org/

Cheers!

SM

Leave a comment:

• photochris
    replied
    This guide is awesome, very nice looking. If you guys don't want any donations, I'm sending something to ML in your honor. Thanks for putting the time into it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X