Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon 5D Mark 3 RAW data sizes?

Hello all,

i haven't been able to find a guide that details the data size for raw recording. I am sure I am just missing it, but can anyone tell me how much raw media will fit on a 128 GB CF card?

Many thanks!
    Omar

About 30 minutes footage 1080p 25fps

Comment

More like 24 minutes actually.

Comment

Isn't it 17 min pr. 64gb card?

Comment

1 frame of 1920x1080 = about 3.5mb

You should be able to work out any data storage issue with that, regardless of fps
          stylecreative.net - Designer/Video/Music bloke

Comment

1920*1080*14/8/1024/1024=3.5MB/frame --> 83 MB/s --> slightly above 24 minutes on a 128GB card (33 if you record 1920x800) (all this, not recording sound)

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel H View Post
              1920*1080*14/8/1024/1024=3.5MB/frame --> 83 MB/s --> slightly above 24 minutes on a 128GB card (33 if you record 1920x800) (all this, not recording sound)
              On that note... is in-sync internal sound recording working for ML Raw on the 5D3 yet?

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by aly324 View Post
                  On that note... is in-sync internal sound recording working for ML Raw on the 5D3 yet?
                  No, I think it's not. But I haven't really been following that, so I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel H View Post
                    No, I think it's not. But I haven't really been following that, so I could be wrong.
                    They had a build where you could record sound to the SD card slot, but for some reason the sound drifted and would sync in the beginning but no in the end of the shot.

According to A1ex it's quite hard to make the sound part work properly.

Comment

Working...
                    X