X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No aperture control in Manual mode on Canon 5D III

Hello everyone,
    I can't seem to change my aperture in manual mode with my Canon 5D III
    I have read the instructions which does not explain very well. I checked the lock
    on the back. Maybe someone here may know what to do. I hold the little * button at
    the same time turning the wheel on the back, but nothing happens.

Can't you just turn the aperture ring on the lens? I mean, it is "manual" mode. Admittedly I use old glass with an adapter so I have to change everything myself directly on the lens. Sorry if that's not the answer you're looking for.

Comment

Hello Legion,
      I guess you can. I am using the Canon 50MM @ 1.4 but I would like to know what is going on with my camera.

Comment

You should just turn the wheel. No button holding needed.
        Heath Vinyard
        http://www.ghostlandmedia.com

Comment

Does the aperture ring auto adjust fine in the various auto modes? Have you tried a different lens to make sure the problem is in the body? Checked the contacts? Tried re-seating the lens? If you're using Magic Lantern, try without. (The chance of it being ML are near 0, but it's good to be sure). That's all the trouble shooting I can think of, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Carcaridon View Post
            You should just turn the wheel. No button holding needed.
            This.

Comment

I also just turn the wheel but nothing is happening. Is their a setting or something that I should have on in one of the menus. I tried another lens and that same thing happens.

Comment

In the 5D2, you had to go somewhere deep in the menus and turn "manual exposure in video mode" to on

Comment

Working...
                X