Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5DmkII MAGIC LANTERN problem. anyone had this happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5DmkII MAGIC LANTERN problem. anyone had this happen?

Was shooting with my mkii and using magic lantern for the first time on a job. After a week of testing it seemed fine. Robust and super cool.

On the job it suddenly crashed, and took the whole cf card worth of footage with it. The card is now CF ERR in camera and refuses to mount to be reformatted on a computer.

Lost 60+ minutes of footage. Has this happened to anyone else's? Any remedies? Can software HDD recovery tools do anything?
    Cinematographer
    Sigma Pro

www.timurcivan.com 917-589-4424

This has happened to people without using ML... I'm not sure if its related.. although it could be!!

Comment

Ugh...

So in essence i've lost a $300 CF card?
      Cinematographer
      Sigma Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TimurCivan View Post
        Ugh...

So in essence i've lost a $300 CF card?
        How long have you had that card? It's just the nature of digital. HD's fail everyday around the world. Sorry about the footage you lost

Comment

I have a phobia about taking cards out of cameras. For some reason I have a feeling that the card doesn't fail but that there becomes a problem with the metal contacts - either with the card or the camera. So if at all possible I'd rather transfer data with the card in place.
          Kahn Artist Filmworks
          FaceBook

Comment

Have you tried a disk recovery tool?
            ------ SEEMEONVIMEOFLYINGHELICOPTERSANDCRASHINGTRUCKS

Comment

Gotta get the card to mount first.... The card is about a year old. Barely used.
              Cinematographer
              Sigma Pro

Comment

Working...
              X