Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting 5D Mark III this week: Few questions....pls answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aly324 View Post
    is internal audio recording working in ML yet?
    Internal audio is still buggy. Thats as far as mkII is concerned, they might have improved on the mkIII but I havent read yet that its already fixed. But yes you can technically record audio, in the mkIII you can set it to record to the SD card while video is on CF, its a separate wav file. But as I said it was buggy last time i heard. It drifts and lose sync. Same with mkII.
    Ted Ramasola
    Allen, TX, U.S.A

http://ramasolaproductions.com

Comment

I haven't setup or used ML as of yet. I shot this footage with my Mk3. The audio was recorded in the camera without using any outside sources like external mics, juicedlink etc... both footage and audio was recorded together on the SD card. There seems to be a little hiss sound but not sure if it is noticeable or not? Anyway here is the footage before and after music - which drowns out the hiss sound. This is just a rough cut and the music is something that I threw in for this test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJPDVf8LQY

Comment

1. For custom white balance, is it necessary that the white source fill the entire screen or should it just fill the center part of the
        frame?

2. how to set custom white balance for wide prime? e.g if i need to take a wide shot of a hall/room how do i take custom white
        balance? custom white balance on wide prime means to keep the white source close to the lens (in case the white source
        has to be filled completely on the scree) which means that the white paper is closer to the camera but the actual light would
        be away (i.e center of the room where all lights will be concentrated).

kindly help with these 2 questions

regards

Comment

Hello, Choksi
          I would really consider getting the Canon 50MM f1.4 It is a known fact that Canon 5D III has issues with the 50mm f1.8 getting stuck on the body.

Comment

Originally posted by New_Zealand View Post
            I haven't setup or used ML as of yet. I shot this footage with my Mk3. The audio was recorded in the camera without using any outside sources like external mics, juicedlink etc... both footage and audio was recorded together on the SD card. There seems to be a little hiss sound but not sure if it is noticeable or not? Anyway here is the footage before and after music - which drowns out the hiss sound. This is just a rough cut and the music is something that I threw in for this test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJPDVf8LQY
            Oh man.. snow in June? I don't think there's enough whiskey in the world to get me through that.

Comment

Working...
            X