Canon RAW video: color accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon RAW video: color accuracy

So, I thought I could create a Flaat profile for loading Canon RAW video into ACR...
    As it turns out, it would be pointless: color accuracy is excellent right out of the gate. I've never seen such a good palette straight out of a camera (and skin tones, in particular, are right on target!).
    I couldn't improve on this without A LOT of effort.

The following screenshots are with a Canon 50mm f/1.4 and with a Leitz Elmarit-R 90mm f/2.8, on a 5D2+RAW, processed with ACR. The small squares are the "correct" tones.

canon_50.jpg
    leitz_90.jpg

It is great to see this side of the 5D cameras come to light for video. The still operation of these cameras is excellent and finally we might have the video to match. The colors get even better when you use a custom profile in a RAW editor like Lightroom.

Comment

Heh... Wish I'd get such great skin tones from the stills. I'm still applying Selective Color -red to get rid of that tint...

Looking great!

Comment

Setup a custom profile using Adobe's DNG Profiler and apply your color settings to images in Lightroom as you import them. Hopefully we will get to this type of workflow for video in the not so distant future.

Comment

Unbelievable skin accuracy... This is getting better and better
          http://vimeo.com/user1337612

Comment

Working...
          X