X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean HDMI out seen on the 5D Mark III at the Atomos booth

https://vimeo.com/63707326
    (at 1:35)

Good news is LCD on back is still working.
    Which means that HYperdeck Shuttle will also work with this camera.

If it doesn't look like a toaster that shoots 4k with a global shutter not interested
    gamma-movie.com The Indie Gathering 2016 Sci-Fi feature screenplay award winner.

Comment

We saw it at the Atomos booth yesterday .... the Atomos engineer said Canon released it to them 'for testing.'
      When we asked about getting a copy so we could test it ourselves he apparently thought we were joking

Comment

Originally posted by Luis Caffesse View Post
        We saw it at the Atomos booth yesterday .... the Atomos engineer said Canon released it to them 'for testing.'
        When we asked about getting a copy so we could test it ourselves he apparently thought we were joking
        I definitely think it would be in Canon's best interest if you could test it yourself as well.
        I'll be your assistant.

Comment

It's too little too late as far as I'm concerned.
          gamma-movie.com The Indie Gathering 2016 Sci-Fi feature screenplay award winner.

Comment

Originally posted by squig View Post
            If it doesn't look like a toaster that shoots 4k with a global shutter not interested
            What about 2k, 75fps, global shutter, any codec you want, for less than $3k?

Comment

Originally posted by atarijedi View Post
              What about 2k, 75fps, global shutter, any codec you want, for less than $3k?
              Are you Nigerian?

Comment

I have a toaster, if you want I can stick a lens on it Anthony.

Comment

Originally posted by squig View Post
                  Are you Nigerian?
                  Nope, but here's the catch, it is an industrial camera. Lumenera's (Canadian) Lt425 can do all that out over USB3, it uses the CMV4000 from CMOSIS, price is $2915CAD, or there abouts, it is under $3k. It can output both RAW and MotionJPEG.

That 90fps (not 75, I was thinking of a diff camera) is at full sensor of 2048x2048, so if you drop down to 2048x1080 or 1920x1080, the frame rate will go up.

I also believe it is a C-mount, and has around 11 stops of DR, and it can do between 8bit and 12bit of colour.

When Asus was coming out with their W700 tablet that had USB3 and Thunderbolt, I figured that tablet and this camera would be an amazing combination, but then Intel told Asus to drop the TB... wtf...
                  Last edited by atarijedi; 04-10-2013, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X