Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working nikon-eos adapter with 5d mkiii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working nikon-eos adapter with 5d mkiii?

Has anyone had any luck getting an adapter to work with the 5dmkiii? I have one that worked with my 60D, but it doesn't work with the 5d mkiii. It just gives me an error and attempts to update the firmware.

IMO any ring should work provided that you put the camera to "M" (manual).
    I would film on 70mm if i could.
    PLEASE CONTACT JASON RAMSEY FOR SIGNATURE ADVERTISING RATES

Comment

I've been using one to mount an 800mm Nikkor on my 5d3. No problem.

Comment

There is nothing that can go wrong with the cheap dumb adapters for old manual lenses. The smart adapter adapters for Nikon G lenses without an aperture ring obviously have electronics which is what it sounds like the OP is describing. I'm guessing that there is something wrong with this particular adapter or perhaps the combination of a particular kens with this adapter & he 60D.

Comment

^ that

Comment

Originally posted by nigelbb View Post
            There is nothing that can go wrong with the cheap dumb adapters for old manual lenses. The smart adapter adapters for Nikon G lenses without an aperture ring obviously have electronics which is what it sounds like the OP is describing. I'm guessing that there is something wrong with this particular adapter or perhaps the combination of a particular kens with this adapter & he 60D.
            On the contrary, what usually goes wrong with the cheap spring based adapters is that they get loose over time. Which means you have play in the mount and therefore image shift.

For $35 you can get a screw based mount conversion adapter from Redrock. This is a good alternative to Leitax and much more solid.
            http://store.redrockmicro.com/Catalo...-Mount-Adapter

Comment

The loose mount is easily remedied by expanding the tabs. It's an 10 dollar adapter and after that 30 second fix, they're rock solid.

But that red rock one is very nice, I hadn't seen that before.

It looks interesting.

Comment

Working...
              X