how tight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how tight?

I was wondering how tight is your lens on your 5d? I have a few lens that I put on and there is no movement what so ever but I have one lens that has a little movement and was wondering if that is normal?

Sounds a bit strange to me...
    I shoot with L glass and haven't had that problem at all.

Which lens are you using?
    Is it loose enough to cause stability issues?
    Joshua Burke - Director @ OziRig
    Quality Film/Photo Gear & Tutorials

http://www.ozirig.com.au

Comment

I use vintage lenses, and the adapters always allow for some z-axis rotation. It might be a problem if I had a focus puller, but I shoot solo so it is annoying but not a big issue.

Comment

It is just a small movement. 70-200mm. The lens isn't resting on the camera so there isn't weight on it. I'm going to take the lens into a shop and test it on one of their 5d mkiii to see if it has that same movement.

Comment

I was going to say of all my lenses the 70-200 has a very slight movement at the mount, hardly noticeable. I'm on a 5d Mk2. Is yours the F4 version too?

Comment

Hey Ricky, I'm on the 2.8 ii version. I went into best buy today and tried their camera with my lens and it had a slight movement. The guy there said that was pretty common. So hopefully it won't become an issue.

Comment

Working...
            X