24-70mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24-70mm

i have been looking at the Tamron 24-70mm and was wondering if anyone was using this lens on their 5d? If so how do you like the wideness? I have so far Sigma 50mm and Canon 70-200mm.

I haven't used the new Tamron, but I'm using the Canon 24-70mm Version I and love it. Definitely my go-to lens.

Kegan
    "I dream for a living" - Steven Spielberg

IMDb Page

www.kegansant.com

Comment

The Canon 24-70 is by far my most used lens. For about 85% of what I do.

I would never consider another one, other than to upgrade to the $2,300 24-70 II.

They are getting a little scarce, as they are marked "discontinued" at B&H, etc. A goodf used one will go from $1,125 (a good deal) to $1,225.

If I had to choose one lens for life - as a professional still & video photog - that would be it.

Good luck!
      Michael

Comment

2.8L lenses..16-35, 24-70 and 70-200...all you will ever need! ha

Everyone always told me it's all about the lenses and they were right...

Comment

As a low budget alternative, I just got a 5D2 for someone close, with the following glass: 24mm f/2.8, 40mm f/2.8, 70-200 f/4L IS. In a few weeks I'll have a better grasp of whether this is enough, or if something important is missing.

Comment

I have used the 24-70mm Canon only once, but I can say it was the worst lens experience ever. My Nikon kit lens has been less soft around the edges and has less chromatic abrasion than the 24-70. When compared to the Nikon 24-70...there is no comparison really. The 70-200 on the other hand, is one of the best lenses I have ever used ever. Keep in mind that I was using these lenses for still photography with the 5D2, so the flaws are going to be more apparent in the 21mp images than in the 2mp video.
            LEARNING TO IMAGE

Comment

Working...
            X