5D MK3 with Redrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5D MK3 with Redrock

Just finished setting up my 5d with redrock today - here are are few photos. If anyone have photos of their setup post them. I would like to see how others set their camera up. I'm going to also do a cage setup for hand held. The photos are not the greatest - I'm using an old digital camera.

looks like your 5D3 body is suspended in the air, not good, all the weight is on the EF mount and it may potentially cause damage.

Comment

I think that is fine.. without the monitor

confused how long a lense change takes however

S
      http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

Originally posted by marvinhello View Post
        looks like your 5D3 body is suspended in the air, not good, all the weight is on the EF mount and it may potentially cause damage.
        sorry, but disagreed...

the magnesium alloy which the 5D3 is made of is rock solid, even with battery-grip and monitor attached - it will cause no damage, don't know how a plastic 550d or 600d handles this though...
        Stefan Huber
        Director Cinematographer Editor

www.stefanhuberfilms.at
        vimeo.com/stefanhuberfilms
        facebook.com/stefanhuberfilms
        instagram.com/stefanhuberfilms

Comment

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
          confused how long a lense change takes
          specially if you're going from a big lens with tripod mount, like this one, to a small lens that means you have to attach the camera to the rods, not the lens, it ends up a bit lower

Comment

Here is a video of some PRO guys shooting with the 5d mkiii with same and larger lens attach to the camera like I have it. When I saw this I figure it should be safe. At the frame 1:10 you will see the guy holding the mkiii in his hand with lens (looks bigger then 70-200 but I can be wrong) and follow focus and baseplate rods attach to it much heavier then what i have set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1onPn...eature=related

This setup is for the 70-200mm (I hate the tripod but have a better one in New Zealand). When I'm going handheld it takes about 6 seconds to switch if you have someone there holding the setup and if not maybe about 10 seconds. Handheld would be with the 50mm and maybe the 24-70mm but the 70-200mm is tripod.

Not sure if this setup is any good for sports or wedding due to needing very quick lens switching. But making a film there is always time to setup right as the talents go through their lines etc.... for the next shot.

Comment

That's the way all 35mm film cameras were mounted on large lenses when they had their own mount long before all this digital rubbish came along. Better that putting all the weight of the lens on a body mounted to a tripod.

Comment

Working...
              X