Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matching Kelvin on a 5DMII to a 60D or 7D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matching Kelvin on a 5DMII to a 60D or 7D?

I have a little trouble everytime I try to match my Kelvin from my 5D Mark II to my 60D or 7D. In lower light there seems to be about a positive 400-500 difference but when it's lighter out it seems to even increase. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Philip Bloom Certified Cinematographer

Originally posted by JoeJITSU View Post
    I have a little trouble everytime I try to match my Kelvin from my 5D Mark II to my 60D or 7D. In lower light there seems to be about a positive 400-500 difference but when it's lighter out it seems to even increase. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    A 400-500K difference is only meaningful if you specify the base value. 400K in the low end (reds/tungsten) is a much larger color difference than 400K up in daylight and beyond.
    If you mean "tungsten" by "low-light" then indeed this is a rather big difference.

I am assuming that you are using the same lens on all the cameras.
    Check your white balance shift settings. You might have something there which is causing the problem.
    If everything is at zero (default), then you can use the WB shift values to match the cameras. Canon cameras allow WB tuning in 5-mired steps. The procedure in my article on color matching lenses is also applicable to camera sensor matching.
    Shutter Angle: The science and magic of shooting moving pictures

Comment

Working...
    X