5dmk3 + zeiss 21mm + glidecam 4000 HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5dmk3 + zeiss 21mm + glidecam 4000 HD

hey guys, just wondering if anyone has used this combo before?

i am currently using my tokina 11-16 + 7D + glidecam 4000 HD.

These work excellent together but I have just purchased the 5dmk3 and am in the process of grabbing the zeiss 21 f2.8. I know this combo will add a little bit more weight to the glidecam but figure it won't be too bad as i have the armbrace.

anyone with any experience or tips would be great to hear from.
    1DX2, Sony A7s II, 2 x Canon 5Dmk3, Tamron 24-70 f2.8 VC, Zeiss 35-70 f3.4, Canon 70-200 f2.8 II, Canon 135 f2, Tamron 150-600, Duzi Slider, Glidecam HD 4000, LCDVF, H4n, shoulder rig + various other items. Previously owned: 6D, 7D & 550D

I have been flying a 5D2 plus battery grip with the Canon 16-35mm F/2.8L lens on the Glidecam 2000 Pro & been very happy with the results but just this morning I swapped over to the 5D3 with no battery grip. I needed to remove some weights but quickly got it very nicely balanced (statically & dynamically). I have just been using it & it is nice & stable & not too heavy (I don't have the arm brace). OK, that didn't really exactly answer your question re 5D3/Zeiss 21mm/Glidecam HD 4000 combo but as my 5D3/16-35mm/Glidecam 2000 Pro flies well I am sure that your setup will be just as good & even easier to set up with the vernier screws for adjusting the platform rather than having slacken off & tighten eight little thumb screws on my Glidecam.

Comment

I have 5D3 and Zeiss 21mm f2.8, honestly I think the lens is a bit too wide, and the mustache distortion sometimes can be annoying. You can try the new 25mm f2.0.

Comment

I +1 marvinhello's recommendation. I have the 25mm 2.8 and the F2.0 would be exceptional.

Comment

Don't know about the Glidecam 4000, but I can fly my 5D Mark III on my Merlin and the Zeiss 21mm 2.8 is usually my go to lens. With the lens hood on, the lens does kinda jam onto the edge of the Merlin's baseplate, but still works fine. So far I've used the Zeiss 18mm, 21mm, 25mm, 35mm and the 50mm. Sure the wides distort, especially the 18mm, but I kinda like that effect. If you don't like the barreling, frame the straight lines so they pass through the image center, keeping distortion to a minimum.

Comment

Working...
          X