5d mkIII vs Black Magic Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wgzn View Post
    im kind of sour on the whole issue because if i want a full frame camera my choice is either crazy expensive cams like reds or arris (both of which still have a variety of cmos issues) or moire / sharpening / clip length with the variety of canon and nikon offerings.
    Originally posted by David W. Jones View Post
    Red and Arri are not full frame sensor cameras, they are S35 size sensor cameras.
    The Canon C300 isn't full frame either but it is free of moire / sharpening / clip length issues & is very much cheaper than an Alexa & a good deal cheaper than even a Red Scarlet once you add in all the bits & pieces actually required to have a working Red camera.

Comment

The FS700 is a 1080p camera until Sony releases the 4k "upgrade" which will not be free. Might cost another $8,000 to add 4k though most likely a Sony 4k dedicated recorder. The C500 sits at a pretty attractive price point for what it offers. The BMDC is a nice indy raw cam at an incredible price point, but there is little to go by on camera specs like its ISO speeds. It has a built in battery as well. The Mk3 continues in the tradition of what the Mk2 gave. That big sensor and great low light sensitivity. It's also a fabulous stills camera. Actually, it's a stills camera first, just as the mk2 is. Here's hoping that the 7dmk2 or 3d will have some detail out of the box. And heres hoping the BMDC hits it out of the park and is truly what is advertised when it launches. All sorts of very nice cameras out there to choose from. ANd they all just keep getting better and better...

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan View Post
        The BMC sensor is barely bigger than S16 at 15.81mm x 8.88mm (S16 is 12.52mm x 7.41mm),
        Depends on your definition of "barely". 15.81x8.88 = 50% larger than 12.51x7.41.
        The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Originally posted by maarek View Post
          FS700 probably will not record 12-bit raw. It will be 8-bit. RAW configuration is not yet known.
          Both Abel Cine and Sony have verified that internal recording is 8 bit on the FS700, but when going to the external recorder, it will output 12 bit RAW.

As for the BM, I'm not too sold on the form factor. I wish it was a bit more functional. But the ethos of the camera step in the right direction for sure.
          -------
          Entire Portfolio: http://www.builtbyugene.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by nigelbb View Post
            The Canon C300 isn't full frame either but it is free of moire / sharpening / clip length issues & is very much cheaper than an Alexa & a good deal cheaper than even a Red Scarlet once you add in all the bits & pieces actually required to have a working Red camera.
            Just to correct, the C300 is not free of all moire issues. I've seen some RAW footage with that wonderful rainbow pattern we love lol...but it's far more rare. It's nothing like a 5D would give.
            http://www.prohaskastudios.com

Comment

Working...
            X