I was wondering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering?

I know the Tamon 17-50 lens off the t3i won't work on the Mkiii (it will fit but looks like you are having tunnel vision) the question is will a lens off the Mkiii work on the t3i?

Originally posted by New_Zealand View Post
    I know the Tamon 17-50 lens off the t3i won't work on the Mkiii (it will fit but looks like you are having tunnel vision) the question is will a lens off the Mkiii work on the t3i?
    Yes, the reason for the tunnel vision is that the Tamron 17-50 is designed for a crop sensor camera, and isn't designed to cover a full frame sensor. An EOS mount lens that is designed to cover a full frame sensor will also be able to cover the APS-C sensor of the T3i.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

The plus side of using a full frame lens or 35mm equivalent on a APS-C sensor is you are using the sweet spot of the lens even wide open because you are not using the edge of the lens. Down side is you loose some angle of view due to the closer crop.

Comment

... which has to be weighted against the "blow-up" effect: when you shoot 1920x1080 on an APS-C sensor, it's exactly as if you were shooting 3100x1750 on full frame, then cropping the central 1920x1080 part: you gain IQ because you're discarding the corners (where most IQ problems usually are), but you lose IQ because you're blowing up the defects on the central part. Not that this is of great importance, but... just saying...

Comment

I've been thinking of getting the Mkiii at the first of the year so the thought was getting some of the lens over the next six months and if they would fit the t3i I could use them until the Mkiii comes in.

Comment

Working...
            X