No announcement yet.

5d III and liveview for photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting for magic lantern to resolve this issue...
    I have to report however that Samuel's workaround provides a temporary solution. Before shooting stills with any of my old school manual lenses, I have to put the Canon EF 50mm f1.8 lens on the body, set aperture to f1.8, and then exposure is fine with manual lenses.
    Not always the easiest thing to do, but I have started calling the EF 50 1.8 "the medicine" or "the magic potion" for the Mark III....
    K.
    www.artecinematica.com
    my vimeo

Comment

(I think a1ex also found some similar issues with chipped manual lenses, but they were easier to solve with ML)

Comment

If you ever used a 7D the same thing would happen. Exposure simulation doesn't work with old manual lenses! You can shoot stills in live-view video mode, however, as long as you don't go under 1/30 shutter.
        Stuart Hooper

Comment

Originally posted by Kellar42 View Post
          If you ever used a 7D the same thing would happen. Exposure simulation doesn't work with old manual lenses! You can shoot stills in live-view video mode, however, as long as you don't go under 1/30 shutter.
          I have the 550d and this is also true,
          but my initial point is that in the 5dII there was no distinct dedicated live view for stills & for video, so shooting liveview stills gave the correct aspect ratio.
          But on the 5dIII if you shoot stills on the video live view mode you get the right exposure simulation, but the format of the picture is 16:9 (you get two horizontal blue crop bars). Hence, for a photo aspect ratio you have to shoot in stills live view with all the workarounds mentioned above...
          K.
          www.artecinematica.com
          my vimeo

Comment

Working...
          X