• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Zeiss Lens

Hello

Will this lens work on Canon 5D?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...SI%3AUS%3A1123

How can I tell What zeiss lens work on a 5D?

Thanks

You could make that work if you could get an M42->EOS adapter.
    The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Originally posted by Centwo View Post
      How can I tell What zeiss lens work on a 5D?
      The only Zeiss lenses that will work on a Canon without an adapter are the ZE series, and the Compact Prime CP.2's with Canon mount.

Otherwise, you will need an adapter (such as the aforementioned M42 adapter for the old Zeiss Jena lenses, or a Nikon adapter for the ZF's, etc).
      The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Thank you Berry For the Answer It has adapter on it but I just want to make sure it would work for a full chip sensor

Picked up your Lighting & Sound DVD there great

Thanks

Comment

Right, I didn't notice that it already had an adapter.

All the Zeiss Jena lenses, and all the Contax, ZF, ZA, ZE, etc., all will cover the full frame of a 5D.

The only Zeiss lenses that don't cover the full frame are their cinema lenses (SuperSpeeds, Ultra Primes, Super16 and 16mm lenses, etc). But all their stills cameras will cover it.

Comment

Will a arri master prime work on a RED? Would a master prime cover a Super 35mm sensor but not a full frame 35mm sensor? Is there a difference? Just curious....

Comment

Yes, of course Master Primes will work on a Red (the existing Red One and the Red Epic S35). No, many (or most) Master Primes will not cover "full frame" 35mm. The so-called "full frame" is a stills camera format, not a movie format. Super35 is the largest commonly-used movie film format, and it's only about half as big as the stills camera "full frame".

Comment

Working...
              X